Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving!!

So now that it is Monday and we are back at school I’m so sad that we aren’t on vacation anymore! I don’t want to go back to school   :(. Now i have a first aid test, a Medical Terminology test, and an Anatomy exam (ahhh!) to worry about. Not to mention I should be studying right now but I’m not, because it is is hard to get back into the the swing of things! I just want to be lazy.

Before we left for thanksgiving I took some pictures of our leaky ceiling. Pretty lame, I thought that it was going to be fixed by the time we got back from break, but we got home and everything was still there, waiting to be fixed :(

114 116 115

Hans also bought me some cute flowers that matched our fall decorations so I put them together on the table :)

117

Here are our scarecrows we got at DI and the dollar store. They'recute!120

For thanksgiving we went to California! I couldn’t believe that it was actually warm there, it was so nice! I didn’t even need to wear a jacket. Being with family is so fun, and being on vacation from school is even better :) Sadly, we still had homework to do, only some of it got done (at least in my case) and I am feeling the pain of my poor decisions now.

For Saturday, and Sunday we stayed at Jarom and Rachel’s house in Utah, which was a lot of fun! We love spending time with them and their family. On Monday we drove the rest of the way to California. When we got there dinner was ready, and we found that Anna had cleaned her room especially for us :) I got to meet Russell for the first time (he is the brother just younger than Hans, who got back from his mission the month after we got married!). Now I just have one more sibling left to meet, Conrad (who is currently on his mission in Oklahoma).

The rest of the week we just hung around the house, went shopping, attempted to do homework, watched movies, played games, and most importantly… spent time with family! It was fun for me to go outside and pick pomegranates and oranges and eat them fresh off the tree right there at their house! Thursday was Thanksgiving (if you didn't already know). In the morning we went to play soccer (a tradition in their family), then we came home and got ready to eat! The food was especially delicious, yum!

PB260160

PB260166

PB260165 PB260164

MMMM…. Pie!!

PB260168

For almost the rest of the night, everyone was eating pie, and playing or watching a game where you throw bean bags at a board and try to get it in the hole, it was actually pretty fun! Then we all went to play kickball which was so fun! Then the girls rented a movie to watch while the guys played video games.

PB260162

So, my family decided to go to Disneyland for Thanksgiving because they got a great deal on tickets. So my family went  to have fun in California with one of our family friends. I called my dad earlier in the week and i was joking around and I told him we would come with them to Disneyland if they bought us tickets, and he said he would! They bought us both a 1 day pass for Friday and were so excited! So we got up early on Friday morning and drove 3 hours to get there. Disneyland was so much fun that day … we wish we could’ve stayed longer :( but we got up early on Saturday and drove all the way back to Rexburg… 14 hours.. a very long drive.

125 126

Krista got her face painted just like a princess!

127 128

129 130

131 132

Of course I had to get a picture with them too! :)

135

We saw a Bugs Life in 3D !

137  138

139 140

The Parade was cool, better when you are actually there…

145

146

149

They were having technical difficulties at the pirates of the Caribbean ride, we were stuck on the boat, so i took some pictures!

152

President and Sis. Todd. LOVE them!

153

Skyler in the background….

157

Such cute pictures! Now you know where i get my good looks from :)

159

Crazy boys, Cameron, Skyler, and Josh Todd

160

In the line for the Indiana Jones ride!

161 162

I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to take a picture of Hans’ crazy hair on the drive home…. obviously we were tired :) Haha!

Here are some random pictures I found:

PA090152

I made this for Hans one day… looks a little messy, but I’m sure it tasted good! I even made the sour cream into little hearts :)

PA260153

This is a picture of some friends we went with into the haunted mill around Halloween for a ward activity, good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment