Something happened a few weeks ago that I was thinking about this morning, and I decided to write about it.
After our ward Christmas party we got a ride home from our friends Sarah and Jaren (since we still didn’t have a car). They asked if we needed a ride to the store because they needed to go anyways. Hans had a lot of homework so he said no, but I needed to get flashcards for one of my finals the next week, so I went with them. Funny enough, Hans ended up playing ping pong with Luke while I was gone anyways.. so much for homework :)
Anyways, so when we got to the store, I went off with Sarah and Jaren went to go look for something. Hans had asked me to look for a Harry Potter movie, so we went over to the movie section.
We saw She’s the Man and we started talking about how we liked it. She said that she had seen it on clean flix, I had seen it not edited, so we were talking about what we thought it had taken out. I told her that we had a clear play, and we started talking about movies and how they are getting bad.
Well…. there was a slightly older couple ( Probably 40-50 years old… so not really old) next to us that were eavesdropping on our conversation. Well the guy started talking really loudly about some movie he had gotten from clean flix that he watched and he had seen it unedited also. He started talking about how dumb stuff had been taken out of it. He said they had taken out a word (a body part) and he thought it was so ridiculous that something so dumb had been taken out. He said “What kind of society are we in even as LDS people that it not ok to say (that word)”.
Well, Sarah and I were so surprised and annoyed and mad that we left and she just looked at him and laughed as we walked away. It made us so mad and we started talking about how we would love to be in a society where those kinds of things were inappropriate to say. I realize some may not think that same way, so you don’t have to read this if you don’t want!
Something like this really makes me think. I can’t believe that movies and music are getting so bad. It is so hard for me because some movies are really good, except for a few parts, and they aren’t really needed! I always hope when I go to the movies that the movie will all be good, but usually that isn’t the case.
Now, I love movies and T.V. watching them is one of my favorite things to do, I’m always on the hunt for a good movie or show. So I’m very glad that Hans and I made the decision to buy a Clear Play a while back, and it is amazing!
For those of you who haven’t heard of it, I think it is a good investment! It’s just a DVD player that lets you take out whatever you want and if you want least medium or most filtering on each thing. Things like nudity, violence, profanity, and even mushiness! It’s about 50 dollars and when you buy it it comes with all the filters for movies up until now. Then you can get filters for new movies by paying I think about 5 dollars a month (I’m not sure about the exact price).
Also, for anyone who hasn’t heard of Hulu.com I love that too! You can watch any show anytime with almost no commercials, and you can skip what you want too!
Some of my favorite T.V. shows are:
House! (probably because most of the time I can understand what they are talking about, because I have been learning so much medical stuff!) I watch it on Hulu usually.
Im all about the old shows, like Fresh Prince of Bel Air
Full house
Sabrina
The Cosby Show
I also like Reba
And I love shows on TLC! Here are a few:
Say yes to the dress! Love it!
What Not to Wear
I also like 18 Kids and counting and all of the baby shows!
A movie I just saw recently with some friends was Confessions of a Shopaholic! Girls, if you haven’t seen it you should!It is PG and it is such a good movie… I’m definitely going to buy it :)
Well, sorry for my rant! I’m working on my Christmas post but it is taking forever, it’ll be done soon, for those of you who want to read it :)

Hi Stephanie! I just found your blog off Rachel and Jarom's. I'm glad we'll be able to read up on how you guys are doing since we havent met yet :)
ReplyDelete