Sunday, June 13, 2010

Another Update

We don’t have much to report on, but I try to write every week, so Ill give a quick update!

After the campout, our air mattress was wet, so we blew it up when we got home and we have left it out all week… I really like it, although it takes up most of our living room, haha. On Sunday Sarah and Jaren came over and watched planet earth with us again! here is a picture… including the air mattress…

004

Hans made a delicious veggie tray for us to snack on

002

He named this little guy, Reggie the Veggie!

003

later during the week, we had a TON of laundry to do, and it took forever. when Hans brought it back up, he decided to throw a bunch of clothes on me… and then he took a picture because he thought it was funny…. ha

P6090361

We’ve been a little on the messy side this week….

P6090362

But I have been loving that mattress!

The best part of this week was that Kim had her baby! It was such an exciting time! She went into labor on Thursday night, that night Cynthia and Daryn and I went out and got some balloons for her, and then we went back to our apartments and waited. Her baby, Katie Corinne, was born at 5:32 Friday morning! Of course we were all asleep and I had class until 11, so Cynthia and I went to visit her that afternoon.

006

I was so happy for her! I felt so much joy and happiness, and excitement for her, I can’t even imagine what it will be like when we have a baby, and I am so excited for it, what a blessing! To be able to bring such a sweet spirit into this world….. it really is such a sacred thing.

I have always been excited to have my own….. I think when I told Kim something to that effect, she said “ well make one then!” haha. And it really is special to be able to have the power to make a life.

and we are excited for that time to come….. just not soon…..

But I am so happy for Kim and Brad! I’m sure they are extremely tired by now, but they are probably the happiest they have ever been!

008

That was the highlight of this week….. month….. months… haha.

On Friday night Hans and I went to see How to Train Your Dragon, which ended up being a pretty good movie! I’m not really into the animated movies, but this one was good! I know that Hans really liked it.

On Saturday morning Hans had a volleyball game that they ended up winning! the rest of the day we just hung out and did homework. for like 6 or 7 hours…. I really got caught up! Then we went to the store, and we went to Bambinos,…… I had never been there before. They make scones and put all kinds of different things inside them. we got a barbeque one and a chicken ranch… they tasted really good! Then we rented The Spy Next Door. But first when we got home, we played Super Mario Bros for a long time… so fun! and then we watched the movie!

So it has been a nice weekend, just Hans and I. We don’t get those very often. I really love the time we have together just us, when we can do whatever we want! I try to just love the time we have just us, because I know when we have kids,we will wish we had more time to ourselves!  :)

Oh! I almost forgot! I found and Externship!! I’m really excited for it. I’m going to be working at a Women’s Health Clinic in Pocatello, starting in September. It is 200 hours unpaid ( I know, welcome to the medical field) in no less than 7 weeks. I’m sure I will learn a lot, and get a feel for what it is like to work in a clinic. Hopefully I will be able to take the CMA exam to become Certified at the beginning of December!

Hans hasn’t gotten his letter of acceptance from ISU yet. They keep messing things up and getting confused about everything and Hans has had to call the school numerous times. But we expect to get the letter sometime this week, and then we will go look for places to live in Pocatello at some point this weekend…………. so things are just moving along!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you two have a lot of fun together! And it is true, you will miss these days sometimes once you have kids! So enjoy them. Its good to enjoy every part of your life becuase life always seems to be changing!

    ReplyDelete