Well, of course as soon as we got back from Colorado, we were back into reality, which meant back to being busy busy busy! Hans had a lot of homework to catch up on, as did I, as well as some tests that I hadn’t really been anticipating. luckily I was able to do very well on my tests!
Because we were so busy, we weren’t able to fully clean and unpack for a few days. I really am convinced that there is no way that everything is going to be completely clean. I can try to clean up every day, but it never ends. I don’t even want to think about what it will be like with kids… ah!
Other than our ordinary everyday stuff, on Friday there was a ward campout! that day we drove down to Idaho Falls to go get some stuff, and we stopped by Big 5 to get an air mattress. We saw in the ad that they were selling air mattresses for a good price, so we went to check it out! We got a queen size, pillow top, air mattress, with a built in pump, for only 50 dollars! It is really nice!! Now we have a bed for people to sleep on when they visit. Come visit us!
So we left for the campout at around 6 with Mat and Daryn and Sarah and Jaren, and we got there around 7. It was a rainy day, so we were a little worried what it would be like that night. When we got there we had dinner right away, good ol’ hamburgers and hot dogs :) after dinner Jaren and Hans got to work putting our tent up, (we didn’t have a tent so we shared a big tent with Sarah and Jaren). We blew up our air mattress and got it inside the tent. Sarah and I made our beds!
Here we are:
This is our side of the tent, they were on the other side, and there was a space in the middle.
We hung around the campfire for a while. I sat down around the campfire by Kim and Cynthia and then Sarah joined, someone commented that we were all wearing brown hoodies, so we took a picture! haha
Due to the fact that our husbands were off telling mission stories and such, Sarah and I spent a lot of the night together! We made some smores… Sarah roasted while I got together the other essential ingredients…
The bishop brought some huge marshmallows!
Aren’t we cute?? K I look a little crazy, but Hans is looking good!
After smores and hanging around, everyone got together to play mafia, and it was a lot of fun. before we we went to bed we took some pictures
Sarah and Jaren’s side
Our side
all together!
Hans and Jaren started talking about… stuff, I’m not quite sure what it was, but it wasn’t interesting to us, so Sarah and I took some random pictures :)
Sarah has a creepy eye
Hans is explaining something to Jaren
so Intense! haha
It was a cold night….. that’s actually an understatement… it was FREEZING. maybe we complain a lot, because it didn’t seem to me that anyone else had as much trouble as we did. we didn’t get much sleep at all that night because it rained the entire night, and we were freezing to death. The tent even started to leak, our blankets got wet, and our pillows and Hans said he got a drop in his eye. haha! other than that it was way fun though! We loved spending time with everyone, and the food was really good :)
When we got home on Saturday morning, Hans went to a volleyball game and I took a very refreshing shower (I know, it was only one night, but still!). We did homework, took a long nap, then we went to the store. We blew up our air mattress again and watched a movie on our projector. We had pizza, and we were going to have an ice cream bar with different candies and things to put on our ice cream, but we were too full… so we’ll save that for another night! All in all it was a good week/weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment