Thursday, June 19, 2014

First family trip!

Ok so I admit, I'm getting terrible at blogging. The good news is, there's always time for improvement. I think I'll start doing shorter posts with less details, then maybe I can get on track again.

So I'm going to skip a few months and just tell you about our latest adventure! We decided to take a 2 day 1 night trip to the beach. It was our first family vacation and it was so great! We loved it! Ryan probably didn't know the difference, but it's still fun to see him experience new things nonetheless :)

This beach was about 2 hrs away, and included the longest bridge I've ever seen. That thing had to be like 5 miles long, made me nervous the whole time we were on it! I drove halfway then fed Ryan and Hans drove while Ryan and I slept the rest of the way :) we checked into our hotel ate lunch and then went down to the beach. We pretty much hauled our whole house with us onto the beach- we already aren't light packers, but now that we have Ryan.... Even worse! 

Here's our camp all set up :)

You can't see it here, but basically every one around us had just themselves, a towel or a lawn chair and maybe an umbrella... We were quite the sight haha :)

We had so much fun hanging out at the beach! The weather was perfect, the water was perfect! Even though there were a lot of people ( compared to the Oregon beaches I'm used to) we still loved it! 



Ryan hated the water. It scared him!

Our attempts at a family picture



His napping spot :)


The first time we took at trip to an east coast beach it was so weird to us to see the sun NOT setting over the ocean! So we decided we wanted to get up early to see the sub rise over the ocean. So we got ourselves up the next morning at 5 am and headed back to the beach! It was empty! It looked cloudy but we were hopefull. We set up our camp chairs and waited :)



We weren't able to see the sunrise but it was still a fun adventure :)

Ryan thought we were crazy, we probably were!


We went back to the hotel and slept for a couple more hours! Ryan was awesome the whole time! Love him!


Then we ate breakfast at the hotel, Ryan was unsure about the highchair.

They had a pancake maker- weird!

Then we went and walked on the boardwalk


After that we went and ate at Applebee's and drove home. A short but fun filled trip! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment