We had such a great weekend! At least it was for me… and I’m pretty sure it was for Hans too :)
We were able to enjoy a wonderful 3 day weekend!
On Friday after my appointment with a tutor, I went with Sarah to go get Valentines gifts for our husbands, which was a lot of fun! After that, Hans and I went to Cynthia’s birthday party ( She is the girl I visit teach) in the lounge, with some other couples from our ward. We played some games and ate snacks and cake, it was good to get together with some people from our ward both that we knew, and others that we didn’t know as well!
On Saturday we went to play dodge ball with our ward team. I ended up sitting out and talking to some of the girls from our ward, and Hans played. Then we went to get breakfast at the crossroads. Hans went to go take a test and then we did homework until later. Then we went to the store and got some stuff to prepare for Valentines day! That night we went to the Valentines dance with Sarah and Jaren, we got there a little late but it was still fun :)
here are some pictures:
Before the dance:
The funniest part was when the guy who was taking our picture said, come on, “pop the leg woman!” to me. haha (I’ll put that picture up when they post all the dance pictures online on the BYU Idaho website)
Here is Sarah and Jaren:
Sunday (Valentines day!) Well actually starting, Saturday night we got a call saying that we had an appointment with the stake presidency on Sunday morning! We were wondering a little because we had met with them last Sunday, and they said it was a “get to know you” meeting, so we thought is was a little weird that they had called us in again!
So what happened you might be asking yourself?? Hans got called as the 2nd counselor in the Elder’s Quorum! He sang with Mike that Sunday. Mike had gotten called as the first counselor that Sunday too, Weird that they ended up singing together. Anyways, Hans got set apart after church and I went home, cleaned up, and made a delicious lunch :) When Hans got home we ate and then I told him I needed to make some cookies for the Relief Society choir, and he said he would do it for me (So nice!)
I have been really nervous about the Relief Society choir (just our ward), since this falls under my calling, and I have never lead a choir before, I had to figure out the best time to get everyone to be there. After a lot of confusion, we had choir at 5 in the lounge and we had to bring a keyboard. I think it went ok, because i didn’t really practice and I thought i knew how to lead music, but I was much mistaken. Because it is a lot different when people are actually watching you to make cues and stuff. about 12 people showed up, which was good because it was better than i thought. They loved the cookies and asked who made then, I thoroughly enjoyed saying that my husband did :)
We got each other gifts and gave them to each other that morning! Hans got me roses and a heart pillow that I wanted :) I won’t tell you what I got for him, but I’ll tell you that he really liked it!
Valentines night was a lot of fun for both of us. We went all out and bought steak on Saturday so we had steak and mashed potatoes for dinner we even bought A1, it was delicious! We ate dinner while watching the old Pride and Prejudice, it was a good day!
We look so happy!
Monday was our 6th month anniversary! In the morning we had cinnamon rolls, and then of course we did homework for hours ( I don’t know how many, i just know it was a lot). Then we drove to Idaho Falls and used our movie gift card from Grandma and Grandpa to go to blind side, it is a really good movie, we loved it! After that we went to dinner at Applebee's with the intention to get the “Blondie” (my favorite desert) but we were too full to get desert. We got two different meals and shared them. The waitress told us she thought it was funny that every time she came by, we had our plates switched, oh the joys of being married! We sat at the same side of the table and watched figure skating for the Olympics! it was a good day!
This week is going well so far… We have been enjoying the Olympics! although our projector is broken and our clear play. We are grateful that we were able to get a DVD player from Becca and Brad, because I don’t think I could live without movies :)

No comments:
Post a Comment