This is a stress graph. It is important that everyone has stress because without stress we wouldn’t do anything, that’s why, at the stress peak we have peak performance. BUT once you get past the peak, that is the danger zone!
I have been past this peak for a while now. I’ve been feeling very discouraged and frantic. I have so much to do! I’m so sick of school and homework, my body can’t handle the stress. word of advice, don’t take 18 credits or more, it is DEATH! I’ve been having a hard time sleeping, and I haven’t been feeling well. Sometimes I feel like I can’t breathe, which I think are mini panic attacks, and I have a constant dull headache. I really need a break, but if I take time off from my homework, I get behind which makes me even more stressed! I have also been getting very negative, and very selfish.
Hans is the best husband I could ever ask for! Sometimes I wonder what I did so right to have all the blessings I do in my life. Heavenly father knew just what I needed and what would make me happy, and I feel so blessed, and sometimes I don’t think I deserve it.
Hans will do anything I ask, and I’m not kidding, I mean everything. I ask him to drive me to the library for a group meeting, because I don’t want to drive by myself. Even though he doesn’t want to, he takes me there and hole punches a about a whole pack of paper for me and then waits there for me to be done so we can drive home together. I ask him to go get my jacket, my papers,my books, while I sit on the bed and do nothing, and he does. now, I know these are little things, but they sure add up and they mean a lot!
Today I have been really stressed out (of course). Hans came home from work and he was starting to clean up, and I told him I wanted to get a pizza, and a movie. He said he didn’t really want to leave the apartment because he has been gone a lot. But he was still thinking about it. Then I decided to ask him what he wanted to do because we always do what I want.
I grabbed him by his arms and I said “Hans, what do you want to do?” He said “ I want to do what you want to do.” I repeated “ no, what do YOU want to do?”
He said “ I want to do the dishes, clean up the apartment, and put together the bookshelf, I want to do it for you, because you are stressed.”
I said “ I’m ok, I’m a little less stressed, what do you want to do.”
He said, “I just want to make you happy because I love you”
I asked him one last time and he said “ a movie sounds good, but I still want to clean and put up the bookshelf for you.”
So he put a pizza in the oven, cleaned up the dishes and picked up the apartment and now he is putting up the bookshelf. Best husband ever!
We’ve almost been married six months, which isn’t really that long I know, but I can tell how our love grows for each other as time goes by. I don’t believe it when people say that “In Love” feeling goes away over time. I don’t feel “In Love” all the time, but who does really? There are just those special moments when they do those things that show love to you. For me it’s when Hans does things for me or when we spend time together. For Hans it’s when we kiss or hold hands.
I just love seeing how much he loves me! He just looks at me and his eyes look like they are melting and sparkling. I call them his “lovey dovey” eyes, he just looks so lost, and sometimes I prepare to catch the drool (haha Just kidding). The funny thing is, I only noticed it a while after we got married and it seems like it happens more as time goes by. I ask him why he is looking at me like that and he says “ you’re just so pretty! and I love you SO MUCH!” anyways, I didn’t mean this to be so mushy but I can only hope that I can be the best I can for him and that I can show my love to him just as well as he shows his love for me.
I’m so grateful for everything, and to be married for all eternity to Hans Michael Petrich!
We have a lot of icicles hanging outside our apartment, and Hans likes to pick them off and throw them into the snow below. He usually comes into the apartment with them after work. Makes me laugh every time! That thing is huge.

You guys are so cute! Just wait until you are pregnant, then your husband has to do everything for you! I feel selfish all the time, but also incredibly grateful.
ReplyDeleteYou guys are so cute! Hans IS a great guy, but you are very special yourself, Steph. I'm not surprised he loves you so much! We love you too! (But perhaps without the lovey-dovey eyes! LOL!)
ReplyDelete