I wish I had something exciting to talk about! But I don’t… just a life filled with stress and no time, haha. It’s been a while though so I thought I would post.
Snowy Rexburg= Snowy Sunday shoes!
The snow was pretty deep today……
The past 2 weeks it has been stressville here! I thought I would have been doing good on my goal for working out 5 days a week, which I was. Until I said to myself, who am I kidding? I honestly have had NO time, I realize this may sound a little lazy, but I tried studying while on the bikes, which was ok but I didn’t get much done because I was huffing and puffing my brains out. But seriously, I don’t have enough time as it is. I go to school and I am on campus for group meetings and such from 9-5. Then I come home and eat and then do homework, and study for the rest of the night. I also have about 2-3 tests a week, so I have to set aside an hour to go take the test and a few hours of studying. BUT I still have that goal to exercise more and I’m going to keep trying to accomplish it. I was doing really well for a while, but I was getting really sore which added to the stress, so we’ll see.
I have a story to explain my stress. On Thursday I had about a million things to do. I had my religion class 9-10, then my Law and Ethics class 10:15-11:15, then i had a study group at 11:30-2, at 2 I had another group meeting, and at 3:15- 4:15 I had another class. So I pack my bag full with all the books I need and I head out the door. I’m about to be late so I’m in a rush, practically running through the snow with the heaviest back pack ever. Now, in my Medical Law and Ethics class my teacher has been telling us that she wants everyone to print and fill out their study guides before we come to class. So I usually do that, but I made sure I had the one for Thursday. As I was running through the snow, I realize that I had grabbed the wrong notebook, and I didn’t have my study guide. I was going to be late so I didn’t think it would be a big deal. So when I get to that class, my teacher talks for a while and then tells everyone to put everything away except for their study guide. I raised my hand and I said “I finished it, I have everything written on it but I completely forgot it!” all she told me was “oh well, that’s too bad”. Well we had a pop quiz and I did horribly on it. I was so frustrated and at my breaking point that I almost started crying in the middle of class, no joke. I guess that is an indicator that I have to take things a little slower and realize that I’m probably not going to be able to get an A in every class, seeing as I have about 8 classes.
And I have about 10 stories just like that………
Hans has been very stressed too. He has work all day and then classes at night, and he doesn’t get home until 7pm. Usually when he gets home the apartment is a mess because I haven’t had time to do it. So, being the wonderful husband that he is, he usually cleans up for me.
Work has been very boring for Hans lately (or so he has told me). He likes his co-workers though which is good. There are only 4 of them total, and that is including his boss and the sales guy who isn’t there much anyways. I got to meet the people he works with for the Christmas party a few months ago and I think they are very nice. Of course, he is also doing very well in his classes. He took his first accounting test yesterday and he got a 92! He is taking economics and accounting this semester… which is a break from all the computer classes.
I have some pictures of me in my scrubs for Medical Assisting! It’s funny because people look at me differently when I’m wearing my scrubs, I guess I look way smart when people know I’m doing medical stuff :)
So in case anyone was wondering, Hans is graduating (in Computer Information Technology) at the end of July! It is getting close and we’re excited. We are definitely going to have a party, so if you would like to join us, mark it on your calendars…. I think it’s around the 24th of July…..
After we both finish all our classes ( yes mine too, all I’ll have left is an externship), we are moving to Pocatello so Hans can get his masters in business there. We found out the program starts on August 25, so that is when we’ll be heading out. Pocatello Idaho is about an hour to an hour and a half away from Rexburg.
Well, we thought our car was fixed, but it’s not! Last Saturday we were just sitting around and Hans went to go get us a delicious stuffed pizza from Papa Murfys (so good!). So he went and came back and we ate the pizza and sat around for a while. Then, Scott and Leann called to see if we wanted to go with them to the new yogurt place. They were already there, so we were going to go meet them there. So we headed out to the car ready to go, but when we got in the car it didn’t start! So they came and picked us up and we went with them. But weird! We don’t know what the heck is wrong with it, but it is getting annoying. On the bright side, the yogurt was good, and we still watched x men and played on the Wii with Scott and Leann after.
We still have yet to go in and get the car checked, so Hans has just been disconnecting the battery every time we get out of the car and then connecting it every time we have to go somewhere. Pretty inconvenient if you ask me.
This weekend hasn’t been that exciting. We went to Idaho Falls on Friday and we got groceries, then we went to the mall and about 15 minutes after we got there everything closed. what is up with malls closing at 9? Yesterday I did about 6 1/2 hours of homework, Hans took a test, and we went to the ward bowling activity. We also went to a fireside and Elder Ballard spoke, then we rented a movie and had smoothies. Today we are going to dinner at Becca and Brads! (Hans’ cousin and her husband).
I really enjoy weekends because I don’t have to worry about going to school. BUT being cooped up in an apartment all day doing homework until my brain explodes is not my idea of a good Saturday. Oh well, for now that is life, I have to use Saturday as my catch up and preparation day. I guess we still do some fun things though.

My shoes looked the same way! Haha.
ReplyDeleteIf you ever need a ride anywhere, please call me! Now that i've stopped working (thank goodness!) i'll be at home all day with a car just sitting there begging to be driven! Lol.
Hey Stephanie! You probably don't remember us, but we lived in Vancouver about 6 years ago! We loved hanging out with your family! Congrats on your wedding, your pictures are amazing!
ReplyDeleteRexburg is great! If you ever have or see Preston Haley, tell him hi! It is Matt's dad, he teaches up there on campus!
Tell your parents "hi"...do they have a blog?
~Alison & Matt Haley