Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Starting the Winter Semester

Rexburg is COLD! For some reason I don’t remember it being this cold last semester. Actually it has been pretty warm lately (warm meaning 20-30 degrees). There were a few weeks at the end of the fall that were SO cold, we’re talking –15! So 20-30 degrees is feeling pretty warm to us.

Well, we don’t really have very many exciting things to report on, but I have been trying to write about every week. Lets see, I got a calling! I’m Relief Society music leader. I get to pick the hymns, conduct them, and pick someone to share a music moment every week. That should be fun, and I’m thinking it will be less stressful than the calling I had as Relief Society Instructor in my last ward! But, I knew that something to do with speaking had to come to me, because I think I’m supposed to work on that. So, shortly after I got my calling on Sunday, Hans and I were asked to speak in church next Sunday :( For him, that’s not a big deal….. for me on the other hand… AHH! So I told Hans that I would speak for 3 minutes and then he could have the rest of the time :) haha.

Other than that we are just Chugging along. I have SO much homework all the time, which means Hans has been having to pick up on my slack… when he can since he is gone a lot too. But I’m so glad that I have him, except sometimes I tend to be a little lazy….

Last weekend we went on a fun double date with our friends Sarah and Jaren. I have been going to the gym with Sarah sometimes and we found that we both had gift cards to Applebees, so we decided to go together. We went there for dinner on Saturday, and then after we went to play mini golf, and some arcade games, it was a so fun!

Sarah and Jaren

002

here we are!

008

006

Mini Golf with neon lights :)

010

After playing some arcade games, we redeemed our tickets and got our “Sticky Men!” We raced them on the wall, which was really fun! RANDOM! We ended up having a crowd gather around to watch our little race… so funny

014

016

So there is this game we have been wanting to get for our Wii, it Super Mario Brothers! It’s like the old Super Mario World for the Nintendo but it is more high tech and you can play with four people instead of just one. We have been wanting it since before Christmas, but we put it off because it was a little too expensive for our taste. Our friend’s Scott and Leann got it for Christmas so we played it with them and we loved it and decided to buy it! It is really fun, if you haven’t tried it you should.

For Christmas we also got a late wedding present ( Oh we just love those!) it is an ice cream and slushy making machine, cool! We hadn’t tried it yet so we invited Sarah and Jaren over for cake and homemade ice cream.

Here is Hans and Jaren trying to make the ice cream. We soon found out, after the ice cream was still liquid, that we were supposed to freeze the cylinder for 24 hours first! I guess we’ll have to try again another time.

P1170259

Sarah and Jaren soon discovered the head scratcher I got for Hans, I think they really like it, haha.

P1170260

P1170261

When Hans and I were engaged, Krista got him a tabletop Croquet set at the thrift store, it’s tiny! We have started playing it with our friends and it is really funny, but also really fun :)

P1170262

Yes, we do have a bucket, flashlight, and cup. That is because we still have a leak. They fixed the ceiling but there still is a leak and the vent isn’t put back in yet, and we have to go get a new bookshelf. Oh well! We’re kinda used to it now.

Anyways, that’s all for now! We hope everyone else is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment