Can I take your blood pressure?
So I have been learning so many cool things in the Medical Assisting program. We have learned how to give shots in the deltoid (intramuscular), In the fat pad of the upper arm (subcutaneous), In the thigh, and butt..ocks (dorsogluteal, and vastus lateralis IM).
We have learned all the patient positions, how to take blood pressure, temperature, and lots of other things. We even got our very own blood pressure kit. I chose purple.. my favorite color!
The latest thing we have learned has been how to do Phlebotomy (drawing blood). It has been so exciting! For your pleasure I have taken some videos of the experience. If you get faint at the sight of blood, beware!
This is me drawing blood!
This is me getting my blood drawn
Some of my fun classmates!
A lot of people don’t know a lot about Medical Assisting, or wonder what the difference is from nursing. well… I can tell you!
Medical Assistants can be used in a lot of different settings. They can do administrative work. This includes, making appointments for patients, taking calls, etc. They can also do clinical work. This includes, giving shots, taking blood, doing urinalysis. They take patients vital signs (temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respirations, height, weight). They also take patients into their room and ask them questions before the doctor comes in, and they also teach patients about their conditions and teach them how to take their medicine.
Anyways I have been having a lot of fun with all the things I have been learning and I thought I would share!



No comments:
Post a Comment