Last Friday when we arrived in St. George to see Jarom and Rachel and their family, our eyes were finally opened to springtime! After Hibernating since November, the sun has made us very happy this past week. We love spending time with Jarom Rachel and their family, and this time we got to start and end our trip with them :) it was so sunny and nice there and we loved it! We even got to see their new house!
here are some pictures of their kids listening to their heart with my stethoscope.
Aside from being in St. George, we loved the week we had in California! I can’t say that we did anything out of the ordinary that I could really talk about, but we had such a good time just relaxing and resting!……. well at least for me!
Hans may have had less time relaxing because he spent half of the week studying and taking the GMAT. He did so well though! He scored 620 which is better than 71% of people who take the test! He has already applied for his Masters at ISU in Pocatello, and now we just have to wait and see what happens :)
Here is what we did all week:
- Played Super Mario World and Smash Brothers on the Wii
- Watched some movies at home and went to see Percy Jackson and the Olympians with family.
- Ate some good food and hung around a bunch of family
- We went shopping a few times, I got some new shirts and we stocked up on some stuff from Costco!
-We spent some good time outside soaking up the sun
- Hans finished reading a book, and I read 2 books!
I’m not a reader at all. The only time I will read is if I find a really good book. We’re talking, amazingly good, because if I can’t get into it, I wont finish it. I never finished the Harry Potter series. The last series I read was the twilight series. I attempted to read a book last summer, but it took me 5 months to finish it.
A lot of people have been recommending The Hunger Games. So I thought “Hey, why not?”. I didn’t even get it at the library, I went and bought it, so I wasn’t going to be very happy if it wasn’t amazing.
I read it in one day! (this was partly because I was on vacation and I couldn’t think of anything better to do)
I really was SO good. I recommend it to everyone. If you want to know more about it come ask me….. and if you live close I’d be happy to let you borrow it if you would like :)
The Hunger Games was so good that Hans went out and bought me the second book, Catching fire. I also read that in one day :)
These books are so good, the third book is coming soon too I think!
Here are some pictures of some trees around Hans’ family’s house in California.
I had never seen a lemon tree before so this was really cool for me!
This is a lemon tree!
I had never seen an olive tree either….. so cool!
This is a leftover olive that went bad… apparently it’s not olive season :)
This is a cool birds nest that was in the olive tree.
Oranges… mmmmm
And grapefruit too!
We were just lucky enough to take some fruit home with us, fresh off the tree!
As you can see, Hans let his facial hair grow out last week :)
One of the nights, Ivan (Hans’ brother just above him), found a baby duck that had wandered away from it’s parents, it was an interesting experience…
Ivan and Sandy were trying so Hard to get it back to it’s parents.. haha!
After spending all this time in California with so many cool plants, I’ve been wanting to plant my own garden. It sounds so fun to me! I remember the little garden that we used to have when I was little right on the side of our house, and I loved it.
But due to our lack of space, I can’t plant a real garden. So I have to settle with some flowers and a planter box.
Even this will be a dilemma because we aren’t allowed to have anything out by our door… which is the only outside we really have. So for now our planter box is sitting on our bedroom windowsill.
We bought the flower stuff today and I made it our family night activity, faith is like a little seed right?
Well, it was fun for me, I don’t know if it was for him though ;)
Hopefully we can nourish these seeds enough as well as our faith! :)



Wait, I never told you about The Hunger Games before?!?! DUDE! That series is my 2nd most favorite book series ever and I swear I talk about them every chance I get! I've read both 3 times and have a countdown on my blog for the third book. Haha. I was thinking that we should have some kind of book club in Relief Society, just so that I could tell everyone how amazing these books are!
ReplyDeleteAnnnnnyway, I'm glad you had fun in California! And you'd never seen a lemon tree? Goodness! I guess I just grew up with one in my backyard (and an orange and grapefruit tree).
Gosh, I love California and your blog is making me miss it even more!
I loved the Hunger Games!!!!! SO good!
ReplyDelete