Well, we’ve been back and in school for about a week now! Although it seems longer…
Hans has started working again. He works on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and he has classes on Monday Wednesday and Friday, although sometimes he will go into work on one of those days too. I have a full schedule again… this time only 17 credits instead of 18 :)
I had to give a talk in church last Sunday so our first week back the only thing I was worried about was the talk, and I didn’t really focus on what I thought my classes might be like this semester. BUT….. I feel like I have a lot less too do. Fortunately I’m probably speaking too soon because most of the heavy load comes later….
So I Hans started reading The Hunger Games… and he loved it! here is a picture of him and his intense reading….
Even chewing on his nail… haha. he even said he couldn’t get to sleep very fast that night because he was thinking about the book…. he read it in one day.
Now this isn’t a surprising thing for him, because unlike me, he loves reading! He also loves to listen to books. I am telling you, he is ALWAYS listening to a book. He has his ipod touch, which is in his pocket, then his ear phone….. just one, in his ear and it is always clipped to his shirt. it has a button on the ear phone cord that he can press to pause his book, which he only presses once he realizes that I am talking to him…. which can be VERY annoying to me at times, but i’ve learned to get over it most times…… at least he pauses it right? haha
Actually his listening to books has become very beneficial to me because he likes to do things while he listens to the book. most often what he does is the dishes… ! Anyways, here is a picture of him…. notice the ear phones clipped to his shirt :)
It is actually odd that in both of these pictures he is sitting on the bed because usually he doesn’t like sitting on the bed. Yeah, don’t mind the mess and the less than decorated bedroom. Our apartment is VERY small, and I don’t love it, So I have no desire, or the money to make it cute… Just wait, soon when we are in Pocatello, our place is going to be great!
Here is a Random video
Last Friday we went to craigos (a pizza place) with Mat and Daryn! I had never been there before, and it was fun to actually get out and go eat dinner somewhere with friends. After that we watched some Youtube videos.
On Saturday Hans went to ISU during the day, The Students and teachers that were there were very impressed when he told them what score he got on the GMAT. It’s pretty much a guarantee that he is going to get into the program. No Surprise there!
On Saturday night went to the temple with two couples and did sealings…… It was so great and I loved it….. I think everyone else did too. We went out for ice cream after and saw Emily (my cousin) there.
I was really glad to get my talk over with on Sunday! You’d think that since Hans and I had just given a talk a few months ago that I wouldn’t get asked again. But Hans is in the elders quorum presidency, and the wives of the presidency were asked to speak. I told Hans that, that’s what I get for being married to someone in the elders quorum presidency… haha… no, My talk went really well, and it was fun to get to speak with the other wives. I really did enjoy it. The Bishop introduced us as if we were angels and had each of our husbands stand up in sacrament meeting… I’d never seen that before…. but it was cool, and a great experience.
On Sunday night we got together with Sarah and Jaren and Mike and Stacey at their apartment to play games… which was really fun. My favorite part of Sunday is getting to play games with other couples…… not every Sunday, but when we get to, I love it!
I was feeling a little ambitious and I decided to try something new! I made brownies with a peanut butter topping. I just melted some peanut butter with some white chocolate chips and everyone ended up loving it on Sunday night! And we even left about half of the pan with mike and Stacey because they really liked it, and I knew it would sit on our counter for a week and never get fully eaten.
here is a picture of the remains:
Other than that, it’s only Tuesday! there is still more homework to be done, and fun to be had! On Friday we are going to our ward chapel session at the temple and I get to spend time with Kim and Cynthia, and then who knows what else we will do!
We were excited (especially me) to see our first little green in our plant boxes….. more and more are coming out each day… I’m excited! Here is a picture:




Oh! I'm sad I missed you speaking on Sunday! Darn pregnancy! Haha. I'm glad you're having so much fun! We'll have to make this summer awesome before you guys leave for Pocatello!
ReplyDeleteSteph! You guys are adorable. Glad you're having fun in Rexburg!
ReplyDelete