Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Easter Birthday :)

This weekend was a lot of fun!…. At least Sunday was :)

Friday I did homework all night, and Saturday we watched conference and I did more homework then too. I really wanted to finish it all so I didn’t have to do it on Sunday!

I spent some time with Kim and Daryn on Saturday during the priesthood session. We went to the dollar store and bought some things for Easter. I got an Easter basket for Hans and for myself :) and I bought a few dollar store things to fill them will with.

My family always got their baskets from the Easter bunny on their bed or in their bedroom waiting for them on Easter morning. In his family their Easter baskets are hidden and they have to search until they find them. So I hid both of the baskets in our front closet :)

Sunday was my Birthday! We got up and Hans started making breakfast! I started getting ready and my family called and sang Happy Birthday to me :) They told me to open up the package they had sent, so we opened it. and… Easter came in the mail! My mom ( I mean.. the Easter bunny) sent us an Easter basket!

006

It had some good stuff inside…. it was a great start to a wonderful day!

After that, I told Hans that there may be something else hiding from the Easter bunny and that he should look around for it! I wish I had gotten it on camera, because when I told him that he got really happy and excited… it was cute :) Then he started his search!

Hmmm, I guess I could’ve hid it somewhere less obvious… I think it was still fun for him though :) It then made sense to him why I told him we didn’t need to buy Easter candy the night before. ha

005

Conference started and I had some fun looking through the basket from my parents. Then Hans got breakfast all set up and ready to eat!

Since we eat at the crossroads a lot, sometimes on Saturdays we get breakfast from there. I for some reason have really liked getting biscuits and gravy in the morning, so lately Hans has gone and gotten breakfast there for me and brought it back to the apartment… yum! So for my birthday breakfast he made me croissants and gravy…. due to our lack of biscuits. we also had eggs and hash browns, it was delicious!

008

We do have a real table, but for some reason we do everything on our coffee table. It’s kinda like our homework eating, studying, and everything table. It’s also right in front of the T.V.  :)

In between sessions I decided that I wanted to color eggs! but first, I opened presents. I got some way cute stuff from my parents… AKA my mom, I think my dad said he helped out :) I loved them though! Hans got me some cute presents, It was so sweet, I could tell that he really thought them out… love them even more!

We decided to blow out our eggs because then we could use them next year for decoration or something! Plus I just didn’t feel like doing them hard boiled. Hans started blowing them out while I was in the shower and I thought he was going to have a heart attack or something! haha. Later I blew out some more….. it was more difficult than I thought! It’s the dang yoke.. sheesh! haha

Kinda a funny picture…

012

Here are some pictures of our station all set up

014

017

We got an egg marbling kit. did you know that you can add oil to the die and it will make your eggs come out with a cool marbling effect? We thought it was cool….

here are our eggs:

028

I painted and egg of Hans and he painted an egg of me!

023

here we are with our eggs! haha

033

After the last session of conference Hans got right to work on making my birthday cupcakes! We thought that one cake mix wasn’t going to be enough so we bought two… and ended up having a lot of extra cupcakes… haha.

040

oops I cut of Hans’ head…  then I made fun of his droopy eye in the picture… hehe Sometimes we just have issues with our height difference! I mean come on, I’m on my tippy toes and he is crouching down… and still….

039

Much better…

038

I  made the frosting for them and we had bought some cool neon food coloring at the store, so I added the dye to some of the frosting, and the colors turned out so cool!

We frosted the cupcakes together, and it was a lot of fun… and a lot of clean up :) on each cupcake we put a different letter and spelt out Happy Birthday Stephanie (yep that’s me!) I have to say though that they turned out so cute! I loved them… and everyone at the party loved eating them too :)

Here are some pictures of the cupcakes:

P4040309

P4040310

Our friend Daryn got together a potluck party with some couples in the lounge for that night. Everyone brought a different part of the meal ( it was spaghetti, salad, and garlic bread), we brought the cake….. or cupcakes. We ate and talked for a while.

This is a picture of me blowing out the candles… and me with my birthday cupcakes!

P4040311

P4040312

The rest of the time we played some fun games!  I also took everyone’s blood pressure because I had to finish doing 50 by….  tomorrow ah!

Some people left, and I talked to some of Hans’ family that called, and we had a good rest of the night playing some games!

Here is a picture of everyone:

P4040313

with our delicious cupcakes

P4040315

All in all, it was a wonderful Birthday and Easter. My favorite part was the little fun crafty things we did. I really liked dying eggs and frosting the cupcakes. I’m thinking about maybe taking a cake decorating class when we are up at ISU, because I love decorating, crafts, and sweets… the perfect combination!

We are still enjoying the time we have together just us right now, and we love it!

Only about 2 more days of the semester and then we are headed to California to see some family and our new niece Avery! (for those of you from my side.. my sister in law Stephanie just had a baby and they named her Avery.. funny huh?)  We are also going to be able to see Jarom and Rachel and their family in St. George.

We are so excited to have a break.  I think that sickness has decided to come upon me now. congestion, sore throat, and coughing isn’t great, but I’m just grateful it decided to come now instead of in the middle of the semester. I guess we’ll see what fun things await us in California!

No comments:

Post a Comment