Hello all! I don’t really know how to start out this post, and I don’t have anything even a little bit clever or interesting to say to start this off, so I’m just going to jump right in.
Our life at the moment I would say is pretty boring. Many may disagree, but I stand by that statement. None the less, I’m still going to try and make it sound interesting.
I have decided that we are being welcomed into the real world. Pocatello is not Rexburg at all. I was going to go on a rant about all the differences, but I have decided not to. I guess I’m not that kind of “blogger”. I have a lot of strong opinions, and for fear of offending anyone, I usually choose not to write about them. So… Hans will have to listen to all of that :) To make it short, I will just say that we miss Rexburg.
Alright, moving on.
What did we do this week?
Do you want to know what goes on in the Petrich household every day? Well, I’ll tell you.
We both have things going on at night…. work/school. We usually stay up late and sleep in (until 9:00, which is LATE by the way).
During the day, Hans is usually doing homework, listening to a book, or doing his research hours. I usually look for good coupon deals, find crafts I want to do online, watch T.V., and other things.
Well this week I decided to be ambitious, like I tend to be at times. I decided to organize our closets, and clean the house. ok that wasn’t the really ambitious thing, but I mean, It was really bugging me, and lets be honest, If I didn’t do it, who would? Ok, ok, Hans is a good cleaner. Here is a picture of him doing the dishes in his Pajamas…. hehe
When I say ambitious, I mean that I decided to sand and stain our table! I want it to be a dark wood instead of a light wood (if anyone remembers from a previous post of mine).
Well, since I didn’t want to buy a sander, and I was even too cheap to buy the plastic handle that you can put the sand paper on, I decided to do it all by hand. I know, I’m crazy. So all this week, I was sanding the chairs. I decided to paint the backs of the chairs and the legs black and stain the rest, because lets be honest, that is way too much work. Ha.
Anyways, So I bought some stain (with gloss in it) and tried it out, and it was almost clear! So I took it back to Wal-mart ( where no one could answer my questions.. figures) and I got a darker stain w/out gloss.
I tested out one chair and here it is:
It looks terrible! definitely not what I was imagining.
I had to put the tester chair in the garage because the smell was so strong! I was afraid I would get high off of the fumes!
The stain is so dark that I would rather just paint the whole thing black and do away with the staining!
I am an amateur, and you can tell. But in reality I had no idea what I was doing, it’s another live and learn moment for me.
Hans, did say that it was a bad Idea, and he didn’t really want to help me with it, but I refuse to tell him that he was right. It was good in theory, I just didn’t have someone to help me out.
Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix this problem? That would be much appreciated :)
This week we were excited to get a Christmas present in the mail from Hans’ parents! It was a Petrich Family Cookbook! We are excited about it.
I also got a cookbook from my mom for Christmas with some great family recipes in it.
I have already made quite a few recipes out of these cookbooks, and I’m excited to make more! I’m also excited because 2 days of the week, Hans has been put on cooking duty because I go to work at night and he is home, so he gets to cook dinner for me ( by request of me).
Oh, and just to throw a few more pictures in here…
Here is a picture of our garage, which we are SO grateful to have during the winter.
Disclaimer: We haven’t washed our car since we bought it, almost 2 years ago.
Yep, first door. From our front door it takes a few steps to get to.
Here is a picture of our new keyboard.
Not the best picture.
So there you have it, my attempt at making our everyday life seem more exciting than it actually is :)
Happy last week of January everyone!

Great post! It's fun to see a little peek into your lives. Ya know what's funny? I'm refinishing our table and chairs too! I just haven't decided what I want to do yet. So far I'm just sanding them down. I was thinking distressed black. What do you think? And we are wanting a keyboard too! Hailey wants to take lessons. Anyway, enough rambling from me. :-) Love ya!
ReplyDelete