Monday, July 22, 2013

Summertime Fun!

Another update, finally!

I have been realizing that my phone storage has been getting very full with pictures and I needed to write a blog post to get them off my phone!

One Saturday Hans and I went to a pick your own farm, and brought home a ton of strawberries to make Jam with. It was fun! One of Maryland’s few redeeming qualities.

011

013

016

018

024

Breakfast for Hans on father’s day!

020

Hans got himself these weird shoes for father’s day…

010

Here he is playing with Jay, our friend’s little boy

021

The wonderful father of my children :)

022

We bought ourselves a Doppler to hear the new babies heartbeat :)

025

we went to a picnic for Hans’ work, and his team won the cornhole championship. He loves cornhole!

028

030

Liz made a cool cake for Dru for his birthday and we came to celebrate with them!

031

We got together with some friends and had fun at a state park one saturday!

033

The boys had fun playing with a huge water balloon slingshot, haha.

034

035

036

037

I got so wet that day!

038

042

Hans left for California for the week of the 4th of July, but my mom and sister came out to spend time with me while he was gone!

He had a TON of fun with family, I wanted to go but we decided it was best to be cautious and not have me fly while being pregnant. because I wasn’t there though, I don’t have a lot of the pictures myself. They are all on Hans’ computer! (which I am too lazy to transfer them) I sure do miss his family though :( But here are some pictures that document the week my mom and sister were here!

Yum, cheesecake Factory!

044

045

We spent the 4th of July with the Taylor family too

046

059

048

050

052

053

054

055

Fun with the girls!

060

We did a lot of shopping… mostly for maternity clothes ( my mom made me!)

061

We spent a day in DC. it was SO. HOT.

062

063

064

065

Frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity :)

066

067

068

070

yay for new outfits when mom comes to visit!

071

We looked around Baltimore and went to the National Aquarium

075

077

082

080

083

086

090

we had fun riding the dragon paddle boats around the bay :)

091

092

094

Another day, we looked around Annapolis and took a little cruise on the river to see the US Naval Academy. 

096

098

100

We found this in one of the stores. HORRIBLE!! this is the perfect description of Maryland though. While she was here, my mom said, I haven’t seen so many smokers in my life!! it’s the truth! it’s like the people here haven’t learned that smoking is BAD for you. HELLO! News flash! not to mention it is very inconsiderate of the people around you…..ok I’ll go off my soap box :)

101

Oh, in case you were wondering on the bottom it says “Real babies should never smoke” apparently people need reminding. doesn’t surprise me here.

I was SO excited to have Hans come home! But I was SO sad to have my mom and sister leave. It was all very bittersweet. Living away from family is so lame.

We celebrated Hans’ birthday before my mom and sister left though! Here he is opening up a gift with grill tools in it, clues for him to find out that my family got him a new grill for his birthday!

106

107

108

he was excited :) and it has been used frequently since we got it!

Hans went and played softball with a bunch of men in the ward. he had a ton of fun! I only got a couple pictures though.

110

We grilled pizzas on our new grill one Sunday with friends. very delicious!

118

119

And here are a couple baby bump pictures.

116

16.3 weeks

126

17.3 weeks (yesterday!)

Things are just moving along for us! We are moving to a new apartment down the street, in September. Still in the same ward, just a bigger apartment.

The pregnancy is… going. I’ve been getting a progesterone shot every week. A nurse comes to our apartment and gives it to me! It was recommended by the doctor because it is supposed to reduce the risk of premature labor by 35%. Hey, whatever helps! I’m still sick, it’s worse at night. what can ya do, right?

We sure love this baby! we have our gender ultrasound on Friday and we are so excited, but it really doesn’t matter if it’s a boy or a girl, we just want a healthy baby that can be healthy outside the womb :) I can’t ever let myself say “I can’t wait to meet this baby!” Because as that can be true… I CAN wait. I want to wait as long as possible.

Happy summertime to everyone! I Can’t wait for summer to be over. I’m not a summer person! especially as an overheated pregnant person!

3 comments:

  1. All of the food picture in the post has my stomach GROWLING. Oh man. They look so delicious, especially that pizza!

    And you are super cute with your baby bump! I hope that the rest of the summer is easy on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing you shop with your mom because it totally reminds me of when my mom comes to town and we shop. It's the best. I'm so happy for you and your baby!!! So exciting to find a gender this week. You are an amazing woman, wife, and mommy already. You are such an example to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it helps, I did progesterone between my two kids and carried to 35 with my second as opposed to 32 with my first. Reduced the NICU stay by 3 weeks at least :) Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete