Monday, May 24, 2010

More Memories Made!

It has been yet another great week! I think I’m hooked on the baking thing because there have been three different kinds of treats sitting on our counter the whole week. I made peanut butter cookies, and what I think is called Congo bars, and soon I’m going to make Cinnamon rolls… YUM!

In my Psychology class this week, we got to train chickens! well, little chicks, they were cute! even though I’m not all that fond of animals. I like to watch animals, I love zoos and watching planet earth… but touching and having them close to me… yeah not going to work. haha

It was so cool to train them. Our groups chick, we named Fredrick. One of the first things we had to do was get the chick to peck the red dot to get food (grain). after that we had to get him to peck the white dot to make the red dot show, then he would peck the red dot to get food. We had to do some more things, but here is a picture of our group with Fredrick :)

011

wow… I look pretty short

here I am with Fredrick! He liked my ring…. I don’t blame him, I think it is pretty cute too :)

008

Hans and I also did some other fun things this week! We went and played tennis. luckily we have some tennis courts right across the road….. literally. It takes us about 30 seconds to walk there. So we went and played tennis! I have only played tennis I think about 1 or 2 other times in my entire life….. So it was an embarrassing experience. I was embarrassed myself… and I'm pretty sure Hans was embarrassed because I was SO bad, and we were there when they were having tennis practice right next to us, haha! Luckily, I started to get the hang of it, and I’m definitely getting better now. We left after only an hour or less, because I was tired, I’m horribly out of shape! but it was really fun to go play!

We also went to The Craze one of the nights, and played arcade games, and won some tickets. We put it on our tab… now we have almost 500 tickets stocked up there! I told Hans that we can save them up to get the lava lamp they have  because he thinks it is pretty cool. It’s 2,500 tickets or so, and we could probably buy a lava lamp for less then we spend there on tokens to play games, but it is fun and exciting to do it this way :)

On Friday night we actually went out to see a movie! We don’t usually go to movies because we have redbox codes, and get movies for free., and we have a projector. I have no problem sitting at home, junking out on food, and having a movie projected onto our wall, instead of going to a movie in the theater. I mean usually the seats feel dirty to me, there is popcorn on the floor, We can never find the best seats, and we can’t get close enough to really cuddle! BUT it is still fun to get out and go to the movies sometimes, so we did! We saw Alice in Wonderland. It was interesting…. It had great costumes, and makeup and special effects, but I thought it was a little weird. I think Hans thought so too. I know there are a lot that like it, but I think it is a one time see for me!

On Saturday I took a test, and then Hans had a volleyball game! They beat the team they played REALLY bad. it was best 3/5 and the last 2 games they beat the other team about 25 to 10, so I guess it could’ve been worse. After that we went shopping in nice sunny weather, and by the time we got back to our apartment, we look outside and it was snowing really hard! There has been some weird weather here lately.

I went to a girls night on Saturday! We went to a movie and Ice cream. We saw Letters to Juliet which was really cute!

014

015

017

018

Such fun friends to hang out with!

Poor Hans, had to spend a sad night without me. well, he wasn’t that sad.

yesterday (Sunday), nothing too exciting happened. I went and did Home Teaching  with Hans, because his companion was sick. seems weird for me to go with him, but it’s a common thing in our ward! It was fun to be able to get to know new couples though, and talk with them :)

P5230344

 

P5230347

wow Hans… HA!

Sarah and Jaren came over to watch planet earth with us. which is now a favorite Sunday movie/show for us. We had a good time, as we always do with them!

P5230354

HAHA Love Sarah and Jaren!

P5230357

The leg picture… yeah can’t explain that one!

So it’s been a good week! We’re leaving for Colorado on Wednesday! We are going to see my brother Skyler graduate, and we are excited! we are going to be there until Monday, and I think my family has some fun things planned for us!

and.. it’s my moms birthday today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! We LOVE You! I love you :)

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha!! Our group picture at Dairy Queen! My head might be gone but at least little Katie is in their representing me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stephy your blog is darling and you two look so happy...I hear you are both graduating soon...I am so proud! thanks for cjecking out my blog too.......hope to see you at the reunion..Aunt Allison

    ReplyDelete