Last week, was a week of camping. Now, since all of Hans’ family already knows, it’s fair to say that I don’t like camping. bugs, dirt, animals, sleeping in tents, not my thing. yes, I feel like a wimp. But I have come to grips with the fact that everyone has their own things that they don’t like. It really does bug me that I act like such a girl, and I can’t just be a man and “rub some dirt in it”. haha.
Nonetheless, I had a really good time! And I’m glad that I married into such a fun family :)
We left on Tuesday and came back on Saturday. After setting up camp, we just hung out. Most of the week we spent doing things like: Reading, going on small hikes, picking huckleberries (wild blueberries), having campfires, singing campfire songs, and much more!
We had a really great campsite and it was only a short walk to the lake, which was really pretty.
One of the days down at the lake I fed one duck and 15 minutes later, about 12 ducks were wanting food from me, haha. I guess word spreads fast.
Hans’ family also has a canoe, which we got to ride on.
Here I am with my nieces Kyla and Avery, Steph and Curtis’ girls :)
Our air mattress filled up almost the entire tent :)
All in all it was a good trip, and we all made it safely there and home.
Oh! and I also found a cool looking fuzzy Caterpillar that I gave to Julia my niece. We didn’t think it was poisonous, but after she had been playing with it for a week, we started wondering why she kept getting cuts on her fingers. She showed us her arms and she had a lots of mosquito bites that itched. ummmm, but they were definitely too big to be mosquito bites. almost the size of half of a dollar bill, on a little girl.
Well, we looked it up online, searching through pictures and matching them up with the caterpillar, and guess what?? It was poisonous. It had been stinging her and she had gotten hives all over. after taking a good bath and taking some Benadryl, she is back to normal. Sandy made sure that that thing was destroyed. ha. I guess I'm not as good of an Aunt as I thought I was!
Those dang bugs and animals. I think they are fun to look at, but keep them away from me.
Tomorrow we are leaving for LA! first is Ripley’s Believe it or Not, then one day at Universal Studios, 3 days at DISNEYLAND, one day at a San Diego beach including cooking over a campfire, and 2 days at Sea World! nice hotels, eating out, lazing around, now that is my kind of trip.
$100= 8 nights at hotel suites $100= food (we have gift cards, that we got for way cheap) the most expensive thing we bought were the Disneyland tickets, and we already had universal studios tickets. this could easily have been a $2,000 trip, but we are doing it for WAY less than that!
We are way excited! As good as our honeymoon was, this is probably going to be way better. Happy Anniversary to us! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment