Sunday, October 24, 2010

This Week….

Hans is taking a nap so since I’m not really a “nap taker” per se  I thought I would take a chance to go over this weeks events!

There are a few exciting things that happened this week for us! well, as exciting as you can get for our every day life.

So. The first exciting thing that Happened for me personally this week was that I started doing clinical things at the Women’s Health Clinic!  Clinical things meaning that I got to work with the patients. I got to call them back, take their vital signs (Blood pressure, weight, height…..) I tested patients urine ( sounds gross, but not bad) I assisted the doctor in doing exams like pap smears, and post partum etc… My favorite part was giving people shots. I did quite a few flu shots, and one for pain….I did that one in the bottom :)

I also got to sit in on an Endometrial Ablation. An Ablation is a non surgical option to a hysterectomy. It can be done in the office, without undergoing anesthesia. It consists of burning the lining of the uterus (Endometrium). I would definitely recommend it if you are of that age! It’s something I will probably consider when I am past my “child bearing” years.

So, It was a good week for me, I felt like I gained more experience and I have a better understanding of  how things work in the office. I enjoy what I do!

Hans had a good week too. He took a couple of tests, and did a lot of homework and research. He is getting A’s all the time, I married such a smart guy!

We have slowly been adding things to finish up the furnishing/decorating of our home! Our dining room is feeling more complete. We added a chair (yes, we only had 3), a rug, and a tree. Here is a picture:

025

Yep, the new chair is the one that isn’t white. Haha. I would rather the table and chairs be dark wood. I was thinking about sanding it and then finishing it, but anytime I say “well, I could paint this, or fix that….” Hans objects to buying it because it is too much work and he would rather wait until we found something that we didn’t have to do anything to. The fact of the matter is, that is too long to wait, and sometimes near impossible to do when you are trying to be thrifty.  :) So we’ll see what happens to this table.

In other news, I got an Idaho License! It was a real hassle, and not something I wanted to do, but I did it, and now it’s over and I don’t have to worry about it.

I wouldn’t have gotten a license, especially since mine expires in about 5 months when I turn 21, but there were things that put me in this situation.

In about a month I’m going to be taking my Certification exam to become a medical assistant. To get that in my married name I have to have a government issued, picture ID that has my married name on it. Well, my license was a Colorado license, and it said Stephanie Smith. Great.

Well apparently in Idaho you have to take a written exam to get an Idaho license. So guess what I was doing last week? yes, Studying this:

015

It is actually pretty thick, and from previous experience I knew that I couldn’t just skim over it, take the test, and pass it. Although, so many people take it thinking “oh, I know how to drive, this should be easy!” Nope, I think every person that was in line with me had taken it, failed, and then decided to actually read the manual.

Good news, I passed, on the first try. Now I am officially on Idaho driver. Here is the proof, with a great picture and all :

018  018

Now I will have had 1 Oregon license,2 Colorado licenses, and 1 Idaho license. Isn’t moving great?

This week we also got a FREE couch! we have a couch in our living room already, but I didn’t feel like there was enough seating, and I have been wanting to get a loveseat to fill the space. Well, we have refrained from buying one, and I’m so glad we waited! They were getting rid of some of the couches from one of the rooms that Hans’ program uses, they didn’t know what to do with the loveseat, so Hans said he would take it! Well we were able to get it to our house, with the help of some people, and now it is sitting in our living room looking nice :) It was free, all except for the couch cover I bought to put over it.

006

Minus the wrinkles that I need to fix, I think it looks pretty good! It is really comfortable too.

I also made a fall wreath, which was fun. I found the idea online, and it turned out pretty cute I think :)

001

Well, that’s all for now!  Exciting huh? Well, my family is in Hawaii right now, and I wish we were there…. BUT Halloween is coming up, this week, and I’m excited! Stay Tuned…

1 comment: