Monday, October 4, 2010

Krista’s Baptism

Last Thursday morning we got up at the crack of dawn, to drive to Colorado.

The drive wasn’t too bad, it’s about 9-10 hours though, so definitely not fun. It would be easy for us to say that we’ve gotten used to driving, but that doesn’t make it any more enjoyable. We’ve put about 30,000 miles on our car since we bought it about a month before we got married. Can you believe we have driven that much? I know. It’s bad. The reason we do it is because 1. Our families live so far away. and 2. To save money.

At times, I feel like it would be worth it to pay an extra 100- 200 dollars to just fly. Aside from the fact that it costs more to get plane tickets, the airport we would have to go to would be in Salt Lake, and that takes 3-4 hours to drive to, plus we would have to pay for parking… for however long we were going to be gone.  This is why we choose to drive. I know, it’s a hard life.

Anyways, I’m grateful that we were safe for the whole trip, and we had such a good time! I would never even think about missing my sister’s baptism… such a sweet life event.

Well, it was go go go! The whole time we were there.  We arrived on Thursday around dinner time. after we ate, I went with my mom and Krista for her to practice her song with the three other girls that were getting baptized on the same day.So many people were going to be there that we had to use the chapel.

Due to the fact that my family isn’t at all musically inclined, with the exception of myself, I was informed that my mother had volunteered me to be the chorister at the baptism.I was also informed that Hans and I would be singing one of the verses  of the girls song as a duet, haha. But that didn’t bother me at all, I actually like to do musical things, and I knew Hans would be happy, because he wants me to sing with him all the time!

001

The next day, I spent most of the day catching up with my mom (we are very close)  and I helped her get everything ready for the baptism that night. Hans went and spent some quality time with my dad and brother playing racquetball, which they all loved. He also went to fill up the font at the church, and he sat there doing homework while it filled up. He’s so dedicated :)

My Grandma and grandpa arrived, and we headed to the church to set up!

The baptism went well! It was a neat experience for everyone because my sister had asked my brother Skyler to baptize her :) He is turning in his mission papers next month!

It was so good to see so many people there to support krista, but also our family. My family has made so many good friends in Colorado, that they are more like family to us. I have learned that when you don’t live by family, your friends become your family! Colorado will always remain close to my heart, as well as our good friends there!

Hans has always lived right next to his family, and they never moved really!  As much as I have been wanting that my entire life, and hating how much we had to move as a family, I’m so grateful for all the people I have met and the close friendships my family and I have.

I loved seeing my sister get baptized.

006

008

009

The three girls :)

004

Siblings

010

It’s weird to think that I have a niece that is older than my sister, but, I am the oldest, and I did get married at 19…. :)

Sisters

013

Cute family

014

After the baptism

Our family! Grandma and Grandpa. We consider the Todds part of our family :) Cameron is a goofball (as my dad would say)

015

016

018

My parents are lookin good!

021

Love Grandma (my dads mom!)

022

On Saturday, we all went to watch Cameron play football! He’s getting so big! And, he is really good at football if I don’t say so myself…

023

037

038

040

The rest of the weekend we watched conference and hung out. During the priesthood session My mom, Grandma, Sis. Todd, Krista and I went out to eat at Red Robin. The guys also went out to eat at a pizza buffet :) Later that night we played a fun game called stick in a jar. Here are some pictures of that …

042 

046

Haha. It’s a fun game. I took some videos, but I’m way too lazy to post them right now….

Well, that’s about it for the weekend! We are now back to the daily grind. Our house will probably stay messy and unpacked for a while, since we are gone all the time and our to do list is so long! We new the fall Semester would be the busiest and the hardest…

We hope everyone else is doing well!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that you put the whole trip on your blog because I wished that I could go and now I got to hear all about it!...You guys do so great keeping up with family...and by the way congrats on the job :) A Allison

    ReplyDelete