Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween

If you didn’t already know, this weekend was Halloween, yay! I’m not going to be too wordy, but we drove down to Rexburg again on Friday for a Halloween party! My friend Kim was able to host it (Thanks Kim!). Before we went, I made some “Corny Cookies”

001

Well, they don’t look the best, but they tasted pretty good!

Sarah and I also made some Pumpkin rice crispies, which turned out very cute I think! (they were flavored with orange Jell-O )

005

All together

015

For Halloween, in the search for something cheap, we decided to be Indians, because I found a dress at DI and we just went with it. I couldn’t figure out what to do for Hans’ outfit so I put him in a brown shirt… he took off everything by the time we got to the party anyways… It was about $10 total!

013

Sarah and Jaren were so cute as a Bunny and a Magician!

016

026

I didn’t get many pictures of the party, but Becca (Hans’ cousin) and Brad came, and it was so good to see them!

Here are some more pictures…

017

018

024

025

023

It is good to go back and spend time with friends! I’m glad that we only moved an hour away and we can make the trip now and then. We do miss our old ward. It really is the best situation for couples! We have found it a lot more difficult to make friends here. It is still a work in progress ( I’m impatient, it’s only been 3 months) .

I really do believe in the importance of friends when you don’t live by family!  Making friends is not easy, but it is so worth it. 

Anyways, in other news….

This last week was uneventful, except I got a job! Yes, I did have a job, with the midwives. They told me a few weeks ago that they didn’t have enough people coming in, or enough money to be able to hire another person.

Well… the person they did have working, stopped, and when they tried to do it by themselves, it was too crazy! So they came to me and told me they couldn’t do it without someone there,and asked me to work again! So, starting tomorrow, I’m a working woman! It’s only 2 nights a week, which works great for me because I have a lot of other things going on right now. And the pay is more than I originally thought!

In 4 days I'm officially done with my internship….. done with school!  In the next few weeks, I’ll be taking my certification exam… scary!

Hans is also doing well, still hard at work in school. He has some tests coming up that he has to take in other states, as well as a trip to Washington D.C. in January. I’m glad he is getting his masters, and that he found such a great program, that will provide enough (we think and hope) for our future family!

Some days, I wish we were living where we wanted, that we could do what we wanted and spend the first part of our marriage not having to go to school. But I am so glad that we are doing what we are doing!  In my personal opinion, it is smart to get an education when you are young, then putting it off and having to go to school later!

So although it isn’t the the most fun filled thing for us now, it will pay of in the long run!

We hope everyone else is doing well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment