My good friends Heidi and Lanette brought to my attention the fact that I didn’t do Frugal Friday this week!!
Couponing has been getting to be a lot harder for me lately, aside from the fact that I have been very busy with work,…… people are getting to be crazy about couponing!
When Albertsons is doubling coupons, it doesn’t matter what time of day I go, it seems that 3 out of 4 people that I see are carrying around a binder with coupons in it, getting tons of things. Some of the people are really not ethical about using coupons and they will clear out the shelves, leaving none for anyone else.
I was feeling quite bitter about it one day, when a lady came up to me, saw what I had in my cart, and promptly handed her coupons to me saying that she wasn’t going to use them! So now I try hard not to be so bitter…
Nonetheless shelves are still cleared out all the time! I asked one of the cashiers when the shelves get cleared, and she told me that people were lined up outside of the store before it opened on Sunday at 6 AM!!
Yes it is that bad. You know the economy is bad when that happens…. it’s like black Friday every week, except people aren’t getting T.V.s and laptops…. they are getting cake mixes, and air fresheners….. so sad. I basically have no chance when that happens, because I don’t shop on Sunday.
It looks like I will just be settling for “cheaper than normal” instead of free.
Hans did some coupon shopping for me this week!! I am so proud of him. What a good guy :)
These things were not free. Just cheaper than normal, but we’ll take it!
Each week I hope for a better week than the last.
And now I will get back to clipping some coupons!

No comments:
Post a Comment