Monday, December 6, 2010

It’s Christmas time!

Time goes by so fast! I can’t believe it is already Christmas time!

It seems like just the other day Hans and I were telling people about our plans, and we were thinking about his Masters Program, and me being done with school and actually working as a medical assistant…. it seemed so far in the future.

But now, time has crept up on us and we are in it! We’ve already been here for 5 months, and the months just keep passing by.

This week for us wasn’t all too exciting. when we got back from our break, there was snow everywhere. That is probably how it will be for the next six months…. actually snow doesn’t bother me that much, accept driving  in it. we did get stuck one time this week, but somebody was kind enough to help push us out :)

This Saturday I went to the Super Saturday for our ward, and we made some really cute crafts! That night Hans and I went to a game night put on by some of the people we know in our ward, and it was a lot of fun! I know that I am feeling a lot more comfortable in our ward, and I think Hans is too.

Tonight we went to our ward Christmas party. They had some good food, but we were only able to get the few leftovers there were left before they started cleaning up. We came late because I was tied up at work with so many things to do that I couldn’t leave, and I was not happy that we were late…. but what can you do?

Well we decorated for Christmas! We will at some point get a big tree, but right now for us, there really is no reason to! And I’m still working on a centerpiece… and would someone like to donate a black shag rug? That would be great.

PC050148

PC050154

The ornaments on the tree were hand painted by my mom for the twelve days of Christmas a few years ago, they were given to my grandma, and last year she gave them to us!

PC050144

and with a few new additions to our kitchen, it feels complete.

PC050132

PC050133

This guy is my favorite, I think I should name him…

PC050134

I also like this display..

PC050136

These plates were from my mom

PC050140

These are all the result of a lot of trips to DI and other places, included in a lot of patience on my part.

PC050168

Not the best picture we’ve ever taken…. but it will do for now.

Well, I can tell you that I can’t wait until the Semester is over because then I can have my Husband back! Call me selfish, but I want to spend all day every day with him, instead, homework is his companion at the moment… not a happy thing for either of us! plus, I’m tired of cooking and dishes. bleh.

In the meantime, I will be spending as much time as I can studying for my test I will be taking in 2 short weeks. Scary! I have also already started the process of applying for another job. If I end up getting a full time job on top of the one I already have, watch out, I may go crazy. But that is a risk I’m willing to take.

We’ll see what this week brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment