Thursday, August 16, 2012

Far Far Away

What have we been up to lately?

Oh just moving ourselves across the country… I’ve said that way too many times.

Last Thursday we packed up our suitcases and got on a plane with a one way ticket to Baltimore Maryland.

009

010

We had a lot of suitcases, Sometimes I wonder if we will ever be able to travel without so much stuff… lugging all of our stuff around is not very fun!

011

From Denver the plane ride was only a little over 3 hours, so not too bad! I slept most of the way, Hans spilled his drink all over himself, so he wasn’t too happy about that…. understandably!

We picked up our rental car and went to our friends house. We are so lucky to have friends in the area by where Hans will be working, who were kind enough to let us stay with them until we have a place to stay and our things get here! We are blessed :)

On Friday I had a job interview, which after we got our apartment We found that this job was too far away, but it was good practice!

014

Oh, and here is the wonderful notebook I made with my sister. I’m a little obsessed with mustaches right now!

012

On Friday night we went with our friends to a Baltimore Orioles baseball game! It was Mormon night so we were able to get our tickets for cheap!

016

017

The Orioles were playing the Royals, as it turns out, this player Had just been traded from the Colorado Rockies team, and he is a member of the church, so we took a picture with him and sent it to my dad :)

018

022

023

024

Do you see all the missionaries?

025

027

028

031

032

033

035

It’s so good to see our friends again! It makes the transition so much easier!

On Sunday we were able to go and see the Westergards in Virginia, we had dinner and Megan built us a cake :) , it was so good to see them! They are awesome! We are so glad that we will be able to see them more and spend time with them! Sadly I didn’t get any pictures, what was I thinking? haha

Monday was Hans’ first day of work, He is going through a lot of training right now, so it hasn’t been very fun, but he was happy when he got home, because we ate pizza, and that was his request for dinner!

036 Being able to Hang out with my friend Liz all day while Hans has been at work has been so nice! especially since Hans can’t take any electronics into work with him, so I can’t contact him. Isn’t that so sad?I hate it!

037  038

Cute little Jay!

Hans made a list while he was at work, this may give you an Idea of how hectic our life has been the last week….

040

If you can’t have a phone with you at work, I guess having a watch is the best thing for telling the time….. who knew? :)

We also need a car, and have been searching for a place to live, we found somewhere, but the process has been time consuming, especially since Hans can’t have a phone and I have to answer all the calls! We are getting there though!

Now we have a place to live, but only a quarter of our stuff will be here on Sunday, the majority of our things won’t be here until probably sometime in September! :(

Hans and I celebrated our 3 year wedding Anniversary yesterday. Can’t believe where the time has gone! I’m so grateful I have Hans as my husband!

We were able to get into our apartment yesterday, So I had Hans’ anniversary present waiting in the new apartment ( which he hadn’t seen yet ).041

042

043

Hans bought me flowers, and we had a delicious dinner. I love lemon chicken!

048

050

051

052

Oh it has been a long week, with so many exciting and crazy new things!

What do I think so far? Not quite sure… I let you know :)

3 comments:

  1. Holy Moly! You guys have been SO busy! I'm glad you found a place to live and that you seem to be happy there. We miss you both and love you so much! Can't wait for the next update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza!!! I am so lucky to have such wonderful sisters in law (sisters) who take such good care of my brothers. I love you guys so much. :) I'm glad everything is falling into place. Lots of love, Anna

    ReplyDelete