It’s been a while!
Here is a quick update on us :)
We got a new car! It’s a Kia Soul. I have named it Sally the Soul. We love it, can’t believe we bought our first new car!
We have officially moved into our new apartment. We only have about 1/4 of our stuff though. Just the furniture we bought in Colorado, All of our things from Idaho won’t be here for a couple of weeks.
Here is Hans showing off his decorating skills :)
Here are some fun pictures of things we have been doing here and there!
The guys made us cookies :)
Here they are competing to see who could keep the game piece on their forehead the longest…
Here is Jay walking around in one of my shoes and one of Liz’s
And in Case you forgot, this is Liz, Dru, and their little boy Jay. Dru and Hans were in the same masters program, and they got jobs in the same area, we stayed in their basement for a little over a week when we first got here!
We slept in the living room since we moved into our apartment, and we have continued sleeping there since! Still on an air mattress….
Liz and I went during the day on day to visit our friend who just had a baby, it was so good to see their cute little family again!
Some things I have been noticing since we have been here….. One is that everyone asks me where I work…? everyone assumes that I work, and when we say we moved here for a job, they ask if it was my job or if it was Hans’. I know that sounds like common courtesy…. but here People don’t assume the Husband works and the Wife stays at home. In Idaho people would ask if I went to school, and I would have to correct them, and say that I worked…. but not here, everyone works…
Some obvious things are, there are a lot of people, bad drivers…. very aggressive drivers, lots of green, Luckily we skipped the really hot weather, it has been quite comfortable but still sticky and humid. People are not very friendly, not everyone, but most.
There are definitely not a lot of members of the church around here, but our ward is very welcoming and helpful!
I started a garden, which is exciting! We have also been going to ward activities, and ward choir as well :)
The Truth is, I’m having a hard time adjusting. That might be an understatement. So my posts might be slow coming….
Hope everyone else is doing well, here is a shout out from the east coast!

The east coast is a whole different culture (which you know) and it will take a while for you to adjust, unfortunately :-(
ReplyDeleteKeep going to ward activities and doing things and you'll get into a routine and into the swing of things on the east coast :-)
Yes. I am blog stalking you. Please let me know if you ever need anything or someone to talk to or do something with. I cried almost daily the first 9 months we lived here. I'm hoping you are already feeling better about the move but if not... I can totally relate and am always up for a good venting session :) Julia (not sure if it will show my name or not)
ReplyDeleteYou are so sweet! I am doing better actually! The first couple of weeks I was pretty depressed, and I think it had a lot to do with all the hormonal changes I have been having! I still don't like it here, and can't wait to move back to the west coast, but i'm just taking things as they come I guess! It's been nice to be able to get together with the girls in the ward, and to feel so welcomed. That has helped a lot! :)
Delete