The past few days have been stressful in some ways, but a blessing in most ways!
On Friday we were able to go to some garage sales, we didn’t find much in the way of furniture, but we did buy a few little things, and a small grill! It was $1.50 and we thought we could use it out on our new little porch :) On craigslist we were able to find a couch/futon for $50 and we also found a table and chairs for $50! Both of them are really nice. Luckily, we were able to fit the table in our car… somehow, and the girl we bought the couch from delivered it to us!
On Friday night I decided to make dinner….what?? I know. it’s crazy. Hans was so happy. He thinks I’m the best wife ever, no matter what I do. seriously.
MMM. Homemade chicken pot pie. That thing took me almost 2 hours to prepare, that is without the cooking time. SO NOT worth it.I really don’t like to cook. it’s sad.
When I was spending time with Heidi and she asked me if it was a hard transition to being a “wife” and cooking dinner every night.
I told her… I don’t cook. It’s pretty much fend for yourself, every night. She laughed.
I really don’t cook. Part of the reason is that most of the time I haven’t had time to cook. Hans and I have both been busy, and if we are both busy, I make it known that I’m not going to be expected to cook because I’m a Woman, and that’s what they do. Then he will fix something up. Poor Hans, his wife is so determined (stubborn he would say).
Here’s the problem. Hans and I both don’t cook. He’s completely fine with me not making meals, he will just find whatever he can and eat it….. then make some for me.
Well, Sarah told me about “Homestyle bakes” I really think this is a miracle!! It is pretty much a meal in a box. You can find it at the grocery store for less than $3!! The preparation time is 5 minutes and all you have to do is add water. Stick it in the oven, and 30 minutes later… you have homemade dinner! It feeds about 4-5 people I would say, so it’s perfect for us. The bad thing is, they only have 3 different meals you can get…. I’m hoping they come out with more :)
It really does taste good!
For the rest of the days I’m sticking with the easy meals, pasta with spaghetti sauce, and frozen last minute dinners. Or there is always going out to eat ;)
Hans also bought me this apron.
He is serious about not trusting me. he always tells me to stick to the directions EXACTLY. I have been known to burn things. In reality though, I’m not that bad :)
On Saturday, Our friend’s Scott and Leann came to Pocatello (they are both from here), and Leann and Her mom took me out to go garage sale shopping with them. They were so good to me! I was able to get for the most part, all the furnishings for our house. They had a trailer, and we spent most of the day looking for furniture and hauling it all to our house. Why are people so nice to us??
We have been so blessed with everything this past week!! Prayers really are answered. I hope that we can help someone in the way we have been helped.
So, I can proudly say, that to furnish our house for the most part, we spent a total of $265. yes. That is a real number.
It’s hard. We went in the nice furniture stores. We wanted things. We didn’t buy them. “Save money!” Has been drilled into my head for my entire life by my mom. “don’t spend” She has been drilling it into my head more now since I have been married, then ever before! Mom knows best.
So many people can find things at DI, and Thrift stores, and they make it into something new and beautiful! I’m still learning. But I know it can be done!

No comments:
Post a Comment