Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sicker Than Sick!

Well, we have almost been living here for a whole month!

This past week has been a little long. I have had to work every day and that’s not something I’m used to! Hans has been spending long hours at school, but we’re just doing what we gotta do!

We’ve been pretty boring this week, So I don’t have much to report on! Mostly, we just drive to work and school everyday and then just laze around when we get home, haha. ok, we’re not that lazy.

Hans has been sick the last two days! poor guy. He can hardly get out of bed. He is so tired, weak, he has a sore throat, congestion, and a fever. Sounds like a bad case of the flu to me! I have been trying to nurse him back to health, I really wish he wasn’t so sick. I hope that I don’t catch it …..

001

002

I have been stressing out, to get some things hung on these white walls! I spend a lot of my time trying to come up with cute ideas that don’t involved a lot of money, due to our lack of it, but that is a difficult task to accomplish! Hans has been so kind to remind me that I need to be happy with what we have.

So right now I’m going to stick with what we have, and not worry about it…. maybe I’m being a little bit unrealistic, I probably won’t stop worrying about it. But I am going to try!

here is what I have done, and probably all I will do for a while!

I bought this at DI for a few dollars. I’m painting it black and then I’m going to hang it by the door or at the end of the stairs.

003

005

It’s still a work in progress….

I also put some fabric over canvases and spelt out LOVE…. I’m not sure if I like it yet, maybe a little tacky…

012

I bought this lantern at a garage sale for 75 cents, I thought it was cute! 

013

Hans found this at the store, and it goes perfectly with the theme I’m going for in our living room, and it works well for us, since we don’t have a coffee table yet…

018

I found this cute clock at a garage sale! I got it for FREE because I had a twenty and the lady didn’t have enough change :)

I’m working on a beach theme for our bathroom downstairs So this will look great in there!

014

Well, everything is still a work in progress, but I’m getting there, slowly but surely. hopefully we’ll have some more exciting things happen to us that I will be able to talk about, but that’s all for now!

Some things we are looking forward to in the next few months are, My sister’s baptism! We are headed to Colorado in about 2 weeks for that. Then, Halloween of course…. and Emily my cousin is getting married in November, we are excited for that! Of course thanksgiving is soon after that, which we are going to California for. Then comes Christmas… in Colorado!

oh… and I have to take my certification test in November….not fun.

So I guess we have a lot of stuff this fall, of course all these trips have to be when we have the least amount of money…. oh well we’re livin on love… and it’s a piece of cake ! :)

008

009

I think we’ll have some of that now…… :)

1 comment:

  1. Very artistic! I'm terrible at coming up with decorations in our home so I mostly don't do it. You're doing great! And that cake looks delish!

    ReplyDelete