Thursday, September 2, 2010

Home Sweet Home

We have arrived! It has come. We are now living in Pocatello and Hans is going to school at ISU. I start working at the Women’s Health Clinic next week.

Before I start telling you about Pocatello, let me tell you about our last week living in Rexburg!

Last week, Hans was commuting to Pocatello every day, which left me home alone a lot of the time, which I didn’t mind much, but being without a car wasn’t fun. We also had a lot of little things here and there that we needed to get done so I wasn’t very bored.

On Tuesday night Sarah came over and we had a girls night (Hans was gone late). Sarah and I never have trouble having fun!

007

On Wednesday I got together with my good friend and old roommate Heidi. We went out to eat and talked a lot, I love Heidi! That night I also played some games with some good girl friends!

So, even though Hans was gone a lot, I was able to get some good girl time in and I loved it!

On Friday night we went to the dunes for a campfire with some of our good friends. It was a blast!  We roasted Hot dogs and had smores too.

The Girls

008

Our Manly Men

009

Wind block

012

I’m a little weird in this video. but for your enjoyment, I put it up anyways.

An inside joke, but you might think it is funny anyways!

On Saturday, we were able to get our keys to our new place! So we packed a car load full of our stuff and went to check it out! We looked at our nice new place, unloaded and went to Costco.

That night we played some games at the park with Sarah and Jaren and then we went to the craze to play some arcade games!

Hans and I had saved up a bunch of tickets so we used them all the night to buy some fun stuff.

017

Sarah and I bought some lipstick pens with our tickets :)

022

023

Jaren started playing with his “Monkey’s in a Barrel” right away.

020

021

On Sunday, we had more packing and cleaning to do. We had to be out of our apartment on Monday. We had dinner at Sarah and Jarens… due to our lack of food, and kitchen supplies.

Oh! and here is a picture of our “Plan of Salvation” piece of art. Sarah took a picture of it after class was over… we did a good job right?

photo

Dinner and games

photo1

Monday was quite the day! Hans was gone the whole day, there was still packing to be done, all the cleaning still needed to be done, and people were coming over to help pack things into our friends truck at 6! I didn’t know what I was going to eat all day because I didn’t have a car… I was stressin.

Luckily after I finished packing, Sarah and Leann came over to help me clean for hours!! There were some cleaning supplies I didn’t have , so they were able to help me out with that, and we were able to go out to lunch! We were able to get everything cleaned and looking great! Sarah even brought me over some dinner to eat before we all left to go to Pocatello.

Everything got packed in the truck, I had plenty of help, and lots of good company!  I am so grateful for all of the help I (we) got! We are so lucky to have such good friends.

I know Hans was very grateful for all of the help, because I’m sure he was worried about his wife at home having to clean and pack everything.

We had ice cream that night in Pocatello with Sarah and Jaren :)

024

026

I feel so blessed. We couldn’t have had a better experience there. We made the best of friends who were able to help us out when we needed it the most. It’s hard not living by family, but when you have good friends like we do… it really doesn’t matter much at all!

Good memories there. I hate moving, and I hate change, but I have been able to not look back and be sad, but happy for all of the good times! It’s weird leaving a chapter in your life behind, but time doesn’t stop, and new chapters keep beginning. live in the moment! don’t dwell on the past.

Well. Here we are. In our new home.

No furniture. A big mess.

But all of that aside, We love our new place! It really is so nice, and big. Probably a little too big for us but we love it :)

Here are some picture of our humble abode. messy. But I thought everyone might want to see pictures. I am for sure going to put up new pictures once we have furniture and it’s decorated.

Living/ Family room

027

028

Kitchen. Love it.

030

031

Dining room

032

Patio!

036

037

washer and dryer!! I can’t even tell you how much I love this :)

033

1/2 bath downstairs

034

039

1st bedroom… messy yes. This will be be our study/movie room

040

Upstairs bathroom- full

041

Our bedroom

042

043

We have a garage too! I didn’t take a picture of that.

We have an air mattress that we were going to use, but luckily, our old apt managers were getting new mattresses for the apts so they told us we could take ours! how lucky!

Well, here I am! Hans is still gone a lot. I’m stressing about getting furniture, but I’m learning patience :) Although, there is only so much you can unpack and do without furniture.

So far. I really love our new place. New ward on Sunday, and new job next week! We’ll see if I like that….

Hans so far is very very busy with school! poor guy. But this is such a good program for him. I think this semester will be a little rough for him, because he has to take a lot of credits, while still doing 20 hours a week at the lab. I think the semesters after this will be better… I hope!

This really is the right thing for us! I really feel like it is. It is comforting to know that when something like this can be hard at times. This is a great opportunity for us!

more things to come!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had help from great friends for the move. Your place really is nice! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry I wasn't able to help you move! Brad and I were busy packing and cleaning for our own move and I kept looking out the window at all of you guys saying "I wish I could help!" and Brad kept saying "We have so much to do here!" It was funny and sad at the same time. I'm glad you got everything done and are all moved in though! Miss you guys already!

    Oh yeah, and the managers let us keep our mattress too. Pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete