The weather here is starting to cool down, which is so nice! It is around 70 degrees every day, and it is cool in the morning. It usually cools down here at night, no matter what the season is. I hated that it never really “cooled down” in DC. I would be walking out of the garage at 7 Am with Hans to take him to the metro, and there would be no change in temperature. I expected it to be a little cooler when we walked outside, but instead 90 degrees smacked me in the face, and the humidity left me with fogged glasses…. haha.
Needless to say, I’m trying to enjoy myself and get the most out of this weather that I can before the snow clouds roll in for the winter :)
We had some friends over for dinner one of the nights this weekend. we played some games and had a good time!
Friday and Saturday we just hung around the house, and did some shopping. We also went on a walk together..
We also decided to switch our mattress around. I am convinced that it is giving me back problems. Like the little backache that I have right now.
You see, there are 2 huge dips in our mattress. They have been there since we bought it, but we have just ignored them. We both end up rolling into the middle because of the lumps, which after a while gets pretty annoying.
It’s quite comical actually. You see, we bought the mattress and the box spring for $75 at a garage sale when we moved here a little over a year ago. But the people we bought the bed from were quite large. Now, I don’t say this to be mean in anyway, in fact I usually hit Hans when he makes any kind of fat joke, because I do believe that some people are just blessed with better genes than others.
With that being said, these people must have been unusually large because we found out that it wasn’t just the mattress that had a hole of a lump in it, it was the box spring! How we didn’t see this in the beginning, I don’t know… but Hans and I were laughing last night!
We tried to get some pictures, but the pictures just don’t do it justice…
This is what the wires should look like
This is what the lumps look like
Ok, these wires are NOT easy to bend people. I could step as hard as I possibly could on those and they wouldn’t budge. This is a BOX SPRING. It is hard and nearly unbendable like wood. Hans and I could both jump really hard on it and not make a dent. HAHA
Well, now we are back to sleeping on the floor again, on our backup mattress, and due to the fact that our car won’t start almost every time that we get into it ( we have to open the hood and jiggle the wires to the battery, and then it will start..) we are faced with the decision of new car, or new mattress?
Right now the decision is neither, since we can’t afford any of that. Oh the Joys of the first years of marriage :)

Yeah, that's a pretty well-used mattress set. I can definitely see why you have a sore back. Looks like it's time for a new(er) one!
ReplyDelete