Monday, January 9, 2012

Lemons? Maybe not!

After Hans and I had been apart for 5 days, it was so good to see each other again!

We both flew into Salt Lake. my flight got in before his so I had to wait a little while.

We spent the night at a hotel, because that is where we had parked our car. What a deal! we parked our car there for over 2 weeks, and got a hotel night all for only $70… and our flights were practically free because of a credit card Hans got… woo hoo so frugal! Oh yeah, not to mention our bags were checked free as well :) We are the perfect frugal couple, right? I know!!

It had snowed that night, and when Hans went out the next morning to get all the snow off of the car…. he found more than just snow….. There was bird poop all over our car. Yeah, don’t park under a tree for a long period of time….

011

This was after we had pretty much cleaned it all off, so it doesn’t look that bad…. but it was bad!

Right about the time we had started our trip home, a guy in another car started pointing to us from the other lane, so we pulled over and he showed us that our tire was low on air. Then he showed us where the nearest gas station was and we filled our tire up. What a nice guy!

As soon as we started driving again our tire pressure light went on, we pulled over again, and determined that one of our tires had a slow leak…

SO we decided to buy new tires because it was time and we needed them..…. lame. That is expensive! we only ended up getting 2 new tires, our back tires were still good. It was a blessing though! A blessing that we decided to stay in a hotel that night, that a kind person told us our tire was flat, and that we were able to get home safely!

I hate it when plans have to change. I don’t usually like “going with the flow” but I am learning!

We decided to make our day fun and we went out to lunch at Olive garden and then we went to a nickel arcade!

012

013

I thought we were going to be in the car all day, so I did NOT get ready…. sweats and pony tail baby!

015

019

021

022

It was yet another little adventure :)

1 comment:

  1. Or. . . .you could have left your car and stayed at our place completely free since we live 30 minutes from the airport. :)

    ReplyDelete