Friday, February 4, 2011

Coupons, Coupons, and More Coupons!

Today Hans came along with me to do some serious shopping.

I have become pretty good at couponing in the last month or so. Let me just tell you…. you can save SO much once you know how to do it!

I print coupons off online, and I get the Sunday paper. The Sunday paper has coupon inserts, and all of the adds from the stores from around town. The key is to use coupons on the things that are on sale in the ads… sometimes you can get things for free or close to free at least!

So here is what we got at our latest coupon trip.

P2040248

How much for all of this?      6 Dollars!!

I’m not lying to you!!!

P2040252

This includes:

Eggs, Tyson anytizers, peanut butter M&Ms, regular M&Ms, Reeses pieces, york pieces, a bag of Ranch Doritos, 4 cans of Campbell’s chunky soup, 2 bottles of Teriyaki sauce, Degree deodorant, dove body wash, 4 packages of Stayfree  pads, 2 Reeses mini bites, 2 packages of Butterfinger Snackers, Pain relief gel, a package of 12 post- it notes, 2 packages of hot dogs, one bag of Tostinos tortilla chips, and 2 frozen Stoffer entres.

WHAT?? I know! I can’t even believe it myself!

This is so worth the time I have spent clipping coupons and looking up good deals.

Oh, and I forgot to add….. I still have 6 dollars off my next purchase at Walgreens!! I guess that makes this all FREE! haha.

I got all of these things at Albertsons and at Walgreens oh and Staples (for the post its). These places do have high prices, but they also can have some really good deals.  The reason I got a bunch of things at Albertsons for free is because Albertsons doubles coupons (up to one dollar) every so often.

For instance the teriyaki sauce was 1.79 but I had a coupon for 1 dollar off of it. AND if I bought two of them, a coupon would print off at the register for 1.50 off my next purchase! SO…. If I doubled the coupon I had (one for each sauce) that would make it 2 dollars off of 1.79 PLUS it got me 1. 50 off my next purchase! So I actually MADE money off of them!

I don’t know if that made any sense….. but

We got some crazy good deals!

1 comment:

  1. I've been going with Daryn and Mat coupon shopping to help them get the hang of it and we got much of the same stuff you did. The Teriyaki sauce was a SERIOUSLY good deal and I would have gotten so much more if I could have printed off more coupons!

    ReplyDelete