Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Desk!

I have been wanting us to get a desk for SO long.

Our plan for living here was to get the cheapest furniture available, and then get rid of ALL of it right before we leave when Hans graduates. Then we plan on getting new furniture that we actually like.

This has worked well for us so far. But we hadn’t bought a desk. Which Hans didn’t mind actually. Which is weird. But he is usually the type that will go along with whatever he has and not complain about it. Plus we didn’t want to spend the money to buy a desk. especially when Hans said he didn’t mind. And he didn’t want to have to figure out a way to haul it back to our place.

So for the last year, He has been working with his computer on his lap.

I have been getting really sick of seeing him work like that… .. and one day he said “well….. sometimes my legs fall asleep”. So I put my foot down and told him we were buying a desk.

So, with only a year left in this masters program, and a somewhat tight budget, we went to DI.

Lucky for us, we found a good sturdy desk for &15! And our friends helped us haul it back to our place!

It wasn’t the prettiest thing ever, so of course I decided to paint it.

This is what it looked like before:

P5100320

P5100321

And then I painted it

P5110324

An now it looks much better!

P5110328

The not fun part Is that for the last 3 days it has been raining and snowing, and I decided I couldn’t keep waiting to paint it, because obviously Idaho is cold most of the time. So it was cold and rainy when I painted it, but what can you do?

I think overall, I’m just glad we have a desk! I guess now I have to search for a good chair…..

1 comment: