As I was contemplating today what I would write about for my Frugal Friday post, because I know there are so many people just waiting so patiently to read about being frugal… out of the few people that read my ( our?) blog….. I thought to myself ….. Man! I hate being frugal! I just want to be able to buy what I want to buy and not have to think about a budget!
It’s not easy. It is stressful. It is disappointing.
The 1 important thing that I have to remember at times when I feel this way is that I am happy. Right now, I am happy. Even without a ton of money. Money doesn’t buy real happiness. Sappy. But true.
So, 2 things for today.
Last Friday, I was complaining about how the items I wanted to get at the stores were always gone. I have found a solution. Rain checks. I hope you have heard of these! Now, when I go to a store, and I want to get an item that is on sale, and they are all out, I just ask for a rain check! Then I can come in when they are not on sale, and buy them then at the sale price. That way I know that the shelf will not be empty. Perfect solution.
I was smart enough to get a rain check on some things a few weeks ago, I was able to get some really cheap stuff! I got 8 boxes of capn’ crunch cereal for 3 dollars total! Yes 8! Hans was excited because peanut butter crunch is one of his favorite cereals. :)

I also got 4 frozen pizzas for free. As well as some other things… Rain checks. Perfect.
The second frugal things is…..
Foaming hand soap!

If you love foaming hand soap, but don’t want to keep paying more to buy it, there might be a solution!
All you have to do is, when your container ( like shown above), is out of soap, you fill it up with regular hand soap, about 1/4 of the way. Then you fill the rest up with water (slowly), and there you go! foaming hand soap!
I read this on another blog. I haven’t tried it. But I probably will. Hope it works!

No comments:
Post a Comment