Thursday, May 26, 2011

I guess…

I guess it’s time to post about something. I mean, it’s been a while! well, really it’s only been a week. But, it’s been a while since I have gone that long without posting!

As you can expect, we have been fairly busy lately…. with getting ready to go to DC, trying to find a place to live and such. That has taken up a lot of my time and energy lately. Things are looking good though, It’s kinda hard to do things when you can’t actually be there…. I mean, I have NO idea what DC is like.

We have decided to FLY to DC. Crazy huh? Thinking about being somewhere without a car just seems odd. BUT, I guess that’s what people do there! Use a Metro, and a Bus all the time. We just have to find a place to live that is close to a Metro, and a grocery store. We should be good.

I’m SO excited about not having to drive for 4 days! you could not believe how much I was dreading that drive! It’s probably a good thing that we aren’t putting all those miles on our car. Plus, it’s actually cheaper this way, I found a good deal on tickets, and now it’s a few hundred dollars cheaper….. even stopping in Disney World….

Yes! We are going to Disney World! We found a GREAT deal on hotels and tickets, and it’s actually pretty cheap to stop in Orlando on our way to DC.

Hey, we need a fun trip every once in a while :)

Well, here are some pictures I took while we were driving.

IMAG0106

IMAG0109

There were some pretty bad thunderstorms on our drive. We both almost had a heart attack once, when the thunder/lightning struck, SO close to us. You can bet we tried to get out of there as fast as we could :)

So, now that you have the low down on us, here are some pictures of what has been going on around the Smith household this week.

IMAG0110

IMAG0112

Since I have been here, I have been able to tag along with my mom and go out to lunch with her and her friends a few times :) We decided to order fried Avocados….. they tasted interesting.

We also went to Cameron’s football game. He always does so good!

P5210331

We also got to be here to celebrate my mom’s birthday! We did a barbeque… even though it was raining that day.

P5240333

hahaha. My dad’s smile cracks me up in that one.

P5240332

Oh Cam…

P5240334

Krista made my mom a birthday hat :)

P5240337

Love sister Todd!

P5250338

My mom didn’t want anyone to spend money on her for her birthday. She said she wanted the yard fixed up. I can’t say that I contributed much to that, because Hans got up the next day and mowed the lawn, weeded, and made it look very nice for her. What a good guy! No wonder everyone loves him so much!

We got a letter from Sky in the mail for Cam and Krista! It was so funny. Just like him. He drew a picture of the war in heaven, and he wrote out the scripture. Cameron is mailing him a letter back that says “And my father dwelt in a tent” with a picture of a tent. haha.

P5240336

I had to go see the new pirates movie! So yesterday we took Cam and one of his friends to go see it with us.

I of course, packed snacks in my bag….. doesn’t everyone?

Um, I LOVED the movie. Seriously, it never gets old to me. Even though two of the main characters from the other movies weren’t in the movie, I still loved it!

All in all, things are good. We’ll see what the rest of the summer brings to us! Who doesn’t love summer ?!

No comments:

Post a Comment