In preparation for our 2 year anniversary ( tomorrow! ), and coming up on 3 years since we met, I thought I would recap on how we met, and how far we have come!
The first part of the real story is that The college my dad was director of when I graduated high school, had a 1 year nursing program. I had been planning on going there, and it would be paid for. Sounds good right? Well, I had a feeling I should go to BYU I, So I did….. and the first weekend I was at school, guess who I met?
This guy.
This picture was taken on the first night we met. There is no explanation other than, he was joking about something, and somehow a chair ended up on his head, I only remember that we were all laughing pretty hard…
I was roommates with Hans’ cousin. On the first Friday night we were all at school, she decided to text him. For lack of anything else to do, we went over to Hans’ apartment and watched a movie ( I am Legend) with him and his roommates. I don’t know if he was just in a really funny mood that night or what, but he was cracking jokes left and right and he had us all laughing the whole time.
Well, on most of the weekends after that, my roommates and I would end up doing fun things with him and his roommates.
We went to a dance and met all of them there. This is a picture of us before we went to the dance.
We also went bowling with them on another night
After a few nights, Hans asked me on a date. Our first date was to pita pit!
We kept doing things together and with other people after that. Of course, we didn’t take pictures together for a while though :) So here are some, that we took when we were together, but not actually taking picture together :)
He tried on someone's glasses… he doesn’t actually wear glasses.
Before our first date, I remember calling my mom and telling her that I was going to go on a date with a 23 year old! She said “ok” I was surprised at her reaction, so I said “ Aren’t you worried?? he’s 23 and a returned missionary!” then she said “ Steph, just because he’s 23 and a returned missionary, doesn’t mean you are going to get married…”
HAHA.
Obviously after our first date we started really liking each other, and we were going on dates and hanging out A LOT.
2 months after we met, we were watching general conference together in October. He attempted to put his arm around me, but I was stiff and very unsure about it. I had been getting really worried about things getting too serious and I felt that I was too young for marriage.
Well, Hans sensed this, so he took me out to lunch the next day, and we talked about things. I told him that I wasn’t ready to get married, and so we decided that we would date other people if the opportunity arose, and that we would still see each other, but not seriously.
hmm… that didn’t really go as planned. We started seeing each other more after that :)
It took him almost 4 months of seeing each other every day before he kissed me… :)
We did break up one other time, for about 1 week, but that didn’t work out too well for us…. We were just meant to be :)
That is not snot… by the way…
My first year of college came to an end…. and we weren’t engaged yet. Still undecided. I left to go back to Colorado for the summer, and Hans stayed up at school in Idaho. We both have our own stories about how things happened from here…. but to make it short, after a week of being away from each other, Hans decided he didn’t want to date other girls, and he couldn’t live without me…. ;)
And this started our long distance relationship.
He proposed to me on May 1st 2009, about 8 months from when we first met. He drove all the way to Colorado for the weekend, to propose to me.
What most people don’t know is that I didn’t keep the original ring. I got a different one. It’s true.
This is the original
This is the one I wear today
We were away from each other. He took a picture of what I wanted to someone, who made the ring. It didn’t turn out right, so I got a new one :) They look fairly similar.
In the end, we had to endure a long distance engagement…
But we made it through!
And we were married on August 15, 2009 :)
We have been married for 2 years now and we love each other more than ever!
And that’s our story! :)

So cute!!! Man, we love you guys! You WERE totally made for each other. :-)
ReplyDeleteYou guys are so cute. I love it :)
ReplyDeletelove it! :)
ReplyDelete