Sunday, August 28, 2011

Long Week

Yes, this week has been a long one. Even though we have only been back here for about a week, it feels like longer, because we have been doing so many things!

Hans has been going to his classes, and he already has a good amount of homework. I have been working a lot, and we have both just been tired!

I have come to find out, that I am a person that needs to be busy all the time. Well, I may have already known that.

I told Hans at the beginning of the week that this weekend we were just going to relax and not go out and do anything…. yeah it didn’t really happen :)

On Friday morning we finished unpacking, and then we went to an opening social for the new people that are coming into the Scholarship for Service ( SFS ) computer security program that Hans is in. There are 5 new people, and we got to meet them and their wives and family! We ate food, got to know each other a bit, and the people in the program played minute to win it games, along with some soccer. The girls mostly just sat around and talked :)

Here are some pictures of that

002

003

004

007

008

009

011

012

014

015

018

021

022

024

023

025

After spending some time there, We went grocery shopping (finally) , and then our friends David and Cherean and their little boy came over for a game and movie.

026

027

029

030

On Saturday We got up and went to the gym and I met my friend Liz and did a class at the gym and it was intense but good!

Then we saw a garage sale, and we stopped by, then I started looking for more garage sales, and by that point Hans was saying “I thought you said we were going to relax and do nothing this weekend?” haha…

Well later on we were able to reunite with our best friends Sarah and Jaren! They stopped by on their way home from Boise. We had dinner, talked, made Oreo stuffed Chocolate Chip cookies which were so good! And we also played Scene it!

031

033

034

IMAG0179

IMAG0180

035

039

IMAG0181

IMAG0183

Oh yes, don’t mind the mattress up against the wall….. ha

IMAG0184

IMAG0185

It was so good to be able to see our friends again!

The weather here has actually been hot! can you believe it? Hot in Idaho?

Well, the nights have been so nice! so Hans and I took a walk tonight, and it felt really nice outside :)

IMAG0186

I can’t believe that right now, I actually really like Idaho! I prefer seeing lots of houses instead of trees, I prefer seeing open land, rather than endless amounts of green. And I grew up in Oregon! Crazy, I know.

2 comments:

  1. you guys do such fun things! :) those cookies look amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had so much fun with you guys! I love the picture of Hans and Jaren... I love that they have become such close friends (almost as close as us hehe). Love you and love your blog!

    ReplyDelete