Monday, August 8, 2011

One Week!

Exactly one week from today, we will be on a plane, headed home.

I can’t really say that our time here has gone fast, but it has been a good summer. It was fun, but a learning experience as well.

I will be going back to Idaho as a more patient person, with the knowledge that sometimes, making plans is pointless,  I have more faith that the Lord has a plan and even though I have no idea where we are going, or what we are supposed to be doing.... things will work out in the long run. I also now have the confidence that no matter where you live, you can be happy. Not to mention that I’m probably a more aggressive driver….

Some things I WILL miss are:

The Westergards. Aunt Sylvia, Uncle Allen, Alisa, Bill, Kaitlin, Megan, Liam, Plus their dogs Cheyenne & Maddie, even though I'm not usually a dog person. Cheyenne lived to be almost 17 years old, and she was loved!

I will miss the people in the Program that are staying here and not going back to Idaho.

I will miss my hair and nails growing faster, the rain and thunderstorms, all of the fun things to do, and food getting soft and not hard when you leave it out…

Some things I will NOT miss are:

The horrible drivers, the heat and humidity, never having a good hair day, I will not miss the metro, and the millions of people everywhere.

When we get back to Idaho we will have exactly 9 months until Hans graduates. That can not come fast enough.

Hans isn’t very excited to go back to school, he would rather work… but what can you do?  I get to go back to work, which is good! I’m excited to see all the girls at work, I have missed them.

So, one more week here, plus one week in Colorado, then back to Idaho!

So, I can’t do a post without a picture!

Yesterday we had dinner with Alisa and Bill, and we had a lot of fun! We love hanging out with them. We ate dinner, played some games, and went to feed the turtles and fish at a pond by their house :)

001

002

010

013

Give me the Camera!

008

011

012

015

017

019

I’m pretty sure my hair has grown 2 inches since I got it cut.

And there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment