Monday, August 1, 2011

A Weekend at the Beach

044

On Saturday we decided to pack up our stuff and head on down to the beach. Originally we were thinking about taking a weekend trip to New York, but the beach ended up being an easier, and less stressful idea, so we went with it. It was also nice that we had enough points from our credit card to get 2 free nights at an extended stay hotel :)

It was supposed to be a 3 hour drive, but the ride there ended up being 6 hours, because of traffic ……

As soon as we got to our hotel, we went to Costco to get a pizza…. and some muffins.

057

We attempted to take a picture in our room..

054

When we looked at this picture, we thought it was a little odd…. Hans is so bright, and there is a little orb ( ?) in my stomach. And obviously that means there is a baby in there… right…. So Hans wanted to see if he had one too..

055

Nope. I don’t think so.

So that night we went to the beach!

Of course, no matter which beach you are at, it is so good to see the ocean, to walk on the sand, and to feel the water!

Within the first 15 min we found that there are almost too many people there on the beach for comfort…..  The sun doesn’t set over the ocean….. and the water is almost as warm as a bath.

The biggest surprise to me is how warm the water is! I was so amazed! It actually felt too warm for me. I would prefer it to be a little colder, especially when it is so hot outside, but Hans loved it!

The whole beach is lined with hotels, and shops on the other side.

060

061

062

063

065

After sitting on the beach for a little while, we decided to walk down “beach street” and look at some of the shops.

067

A lot of the shops we went into had hermit crabs in cages for you to buy. At first I didn’t know what they were because they just looked like shells. But I was as close as this picture is, and when I looked up I was a little surprised. So I took a snapshot.

068

069

So many of them!

074

075

076

077

I should’ve bought that…. it’s my motto! ;)

080

083

It seemed like the crowds on the beach dispersed at night, so we walked on the beach after all the people were gone.

There were lots of sideshows on the beach that we watched, and we even ended up finding a free magic show going on, and we got to watch it. It was actually pretty cool!

This guys was doing tricks with balls of fire.

The next day, after we went to church and had some lunch…. and after the huge thunderstorm stopped, we went down to the beach again. Hans found a little beach that was right in the bay and had fewer people.

It was nice to enjoy the beach with less people around.

087

There were a lot of ships over by where we were

088

Our little camp.

093

093

094

096

A sweater because it was raining.

097

100

101

103

102

111

When we got back to our hotel, a crock pot dinner was ready :)

114

We had dinner, watched a movie, and ate some desert. It was a good day!

We drove home today! All in all, I’d say the trip was a success, and well worth the drive and preparation :)

Less than two weeks left here, and after this summer, I think we both feel like well traveled people… at least in the united states :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a blast. Sorry we missed it! Love all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete