Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Meal Plan

This month I decided that I would plan out what we were going to have for dinner every night of the week. Then I could make a grocery list of the specific things we needed to buy that month. This is what it looks like:

April-2011-Calendar-2

It’s not really THAT exciting, but Hans is pretty excited about it. Why would something like that give someone so much joy? Well I’ll tell you.

Due to the fact that I work every night of the week, I have put Hans in charge of dinner on the nights he doesn’t have class. Well, I started complaining to him when he would always want to make the same things over and over, I told him “try something new!”  (Seriously, I’m a bad wife… ungrateful!). Well, he has been wanting me to just tell him what to make so he can just make it, but I have made him suffer and find recipes on his own.

Well, he texted me at work today and it make me smile. This is how our conversation went:

Hans: “What are we supposed to have for dinner tonight?”

Me: “Up to you.”

Hans: “I thought we had a schedule?”

Me: “It starts in April”

Hans: “Crap :(“

Oh I love my husband. I came home to a good dinner that he came up with himself, which was hard because we really need to go grocery shopping. Yep that is what we are going to be doing tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. We do this every month!!
    It actually saves us money!!
    We didn't do it for the month of January because I was sick and we went out/sent way to much money!!
    I'm excited for you and Hans!! You guys will love it!!

    ReplyDelete