Friday, June 10, 2011

Frugal Friday

Today’s post will be about a jumble of things.

First thing being couponing. I’m not doing it at the moment. We are staying with family right now, and we just don’t need to. I have thought about doing a little, but it is just too difficult, with Hans working, and us being in a place that we aren’t used to…. But if any of you are still interested in couponing…. here are the sites I use again….

www.fabulesslyfrugal.com

www.thekrazycouponlady.com

Once we get back to Idaho, I plan on ordering multiple Sunday papers, and jumping right back in!

On another note, I would like to talk about the show Extreme Couponing. I’m sure most of you have seen this show by now.

Since the show has started, things have been getting more difficult in the land of couponing. People have been paying for 1 paper and taking them all, or taking all of the coupon inserts out of each one. Store shelves have been cleared, Sunday papers have been stolen right off of front doors, and I have even heard of peoples coupon binders being stolen….

Now, I don’t know if all of that is true, but I believe it, because I have experienced it. The last few Sundays before we left for the internship, when I went to go get the Sunday paper, all of the papers were gone, and if there were some there, my paper was ALWAYS missing inserts…… I hated that the things I wanted to get weren’t available at the stores I went to (Albertsons, Walgreens, Walmart…) all because someone came in super early, and grabbed all of the items.

I think that it is mostly happening in Idaho and Utah, but my mom has told me that she has seen changes in Colorado as well.

It makes me frustrated that people are acting this way. I hope that things will die down after the summer.

Some current things going on in our life:

Today marks 1 week of being in DC. Only 9 more weeks to go!

I know some people might think that this is a “great opportunity” and an “adventure”. yeah, yeah, it probably is….. but I am in NO way an adventurous person. Stepping outside of my comfort zone is something I AVOID at all costs.

That is why I am SO grateful that we are staying with family right now. They have been so helpful to us, and it is a huge blessing!

I went to the dentist here, and I found out that I’m probably going to have to get a Root Canal, while we are HERE! And oh yeah! We don’t have dental insurance! (being a student is great) Yeah, that can cost up to $2,000

I would just like to add, that my teeth are Healthy, floss and brush everyday ! I have only ever had cavities in that darn tooth…

Someone also backed into our rental car the other day. We think it was while were were parked in downtown DC. Don’t worry, we bought a dent repair kit that we saw on TV. haha. Hopefully that works, it should be interesting either way. And if it doesn’t, I hope that we don’t have to pay too much to get it fixed!

Life is expensive sometimes! Just when I thought we might get ahead…..

But we still are blessed to be with family here. This really is going to be an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment