Sunday, June 12, 2011

Weekend

Weekends are now reserved for sightseeing. Since Hans is working everyday now, we only have Friday nights and Saturdays to go out and do fun things in DC.

Well, I take that back. Those are the only days that we can go out and do things together. I am able to go out and do fun things with the girls who’s husbands are also in the program and are here in DC, and I have also been able to do some things with my cousins Kaitlin and Megan!

I am grateful that there are so many people from Hans’ program out here. All of the wives get together and do things while our husbands are working! We have planned some fun things!

On Friday night We went out to dinner and played games with the people in the program, our friends!

002

003

It is so good to be able to do things with people who are in the same situation you are!

On Saturday I had an Interview for a nanny job….. hope it works out! We could use the extra income :)

We decided to go to some of the Smithsonian Museums. Those Museums are HUGE. It is ridiculous. It was interesting. But very tiring. 1. because it was packed with people, and 2. Because it was so hot outside. Here are a few pictures of that.

004

005

007

012

013

014

I know, cheesy. But still a little funny  :)

016

018

The hope diamond.

033

036

Hans loved the stone/gem part.

037

039

When we got home we decided to try out our “as seen on TV” dent popper. After using it about 5 times on the same dent, we may have made a little difference. It was entertaining nonetheless.

Before. ( don’t pay attention to my reflection )

043

044

045

Yep. You twist it until the glue pops off.

After

048

Like magic! Well… actually the dents are still there, but they aren’t big enough to need to get fixed…. I think. Either way…. $20 and 2 hours of hard labor later… we may or may not be charged for it. Lets hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment