This weekend we were able to celebrate Hans’ Birthday!
His family sent him this cute card! I love it! He was such a cute little boy :)
On Hans’ birthday, we decided to do some sightseeing in DC…. It was a little bit of a rough start since we drove around for a long time looking for parking… In the crazy DC traffic….. I feel bad for the people I see in cars when I’m walking around in DC… even though we have been walking for miles and we are drenched in sweat.
We were able to go to the National Art Gallery
Then we made our way to the National Monument. Hans really wanted to ride all the way to the top of it, but the tickets were all gone.
Here is a picture of the Capitol…. we haven’t actually been all the way to the grounds yet….
The Lincoln Memorial is directly across from the Washington Monument. I told Hans that we should start walking to it after we were done at the Washington Monument, but he said it was too far to walk. I had to agree because it was SO hot, and even though it looked close, it would still be about a mile….. further from where we were parked.
The sad thing is, they are doing construction on the reflection pool…. I don’t know why they would do that during the biggest tourist season. It should normally look like this: 
And this:

Kinda lame that it is all dirt right now!
We also walked over the the Holocaust museum, but they were all out of tickets for that too… And when we went to go see the National Archives, there was a huge line outside that we didn’t want to wait in…. It wasn’t a very lucky day for us…
Hans decided her wanted to have dinner at an Italian place that has great pizza!
It was Delicious :)
That night we had our friends over for a little party.
Isn’t he so cute?
I mean… Handsome?
Yes… yes he is
Happy Birthday to my Wonderful Husband!

No comments:
Post a Comment