Hans and I told ourselves that today would be the last day that we went into DC to site see. With the exceptions being, If we are going out with friends, and when we do a tour of the Capitol, which we have reserved for a day in August, which will be the same day that we go to the Holocaust Museum. That’s it. We’ll see if that is really what happens. We have finished seeing the majority of the sites, and I know there are still plenty of fun things to do here in Virginia :)
Today we went to the White House! Well, rather, we walked outside the White House and looked through some bars :) Really we just took a quick look, snapped a few pictures, and then we were on our way…. very cool to see for the first time though!
We also went to the National Archives! Mostly just to be able to see the Declaration of Independence. Sadly pictures were not allowed, so I have nothing to prove that we were there, but we were! It was very cool. All of the documents are VERY faded. It makes them almost impossible to read. Those men were very inspired!
Our last stop was The Library of Congress. It was Hans’ favorite part of the day! The building is just so beautiful!
Hot Hot Hot days here. I think it would be more bearable if it was less humid. But I think I’ve already said that about 50 times :)
Well, I guess our week doesn’t really start until Tuesday!


No comments:
Post a Comment