Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

We have been busy! But I’m going to try and bust out a quick blog post… It’s good to keep track of these things, because I know later on in life I’m going to want to go back and remember what it was like!

This weekend was a fun one! We had some more family in town, so it was crazy, but so fun!

On Friday night we went and had dinner and played games with some friends, and it was great :)

On Saturday morning  ( hence the pajamas) , my cousin Boston asked me to “play chalk” with him. So I did…. Love that little boy!

002

Hans of course, joined us, and we made a flag… we are so artistic

003

Here are my cousins Boston and Avery. Avery was a little too shy to smile for me.

006

Uncle Jimmy and Hans, they look happy…..

007

That day we got together with friends, and did a boat cruise on the Potomac river. It is the river that goes through Virginia and Maryland

As shown in the picture, when you are on the river, you can get a great view of the monuments in Washington DC. We will also be visiting them each separately. but going through the river on a boat was way cool!

014

015

018

024

021

041

The capitol in the distance

023

Washington Monument

038

042

And the back of the Lincoln Memorial

045

We also went to dinner, and we had to walk around downtown to be able to get to the metro….

I know it’s normal to see hobos walking around downtown, but to gets me every time. I laugh, and it really gives me the downtown feel…. if you know what I mean.

047 

There are also always people playing music and doing different “talent” like things on the sides of the street, which is fun.

This one guy we saw, was so good! He was making music with glasses filled with water, and I was amazed!

013

I also was able to have my first experience on the metro. Yes. Once is enough for me.

009

049

050

On the fourth of July We went to a fair during the day, and we also did some shopping.

051

053

054

052

055

056

( If my old roommates are reading this… those last 2 pictures totally remind me of them! Lanette and Brittany!)

That night we also did some firework and had some amazing food!

059

058

065

066

067

068

073

074

Yesterday, we both went back to work, and we are busy again.

Our schedule is:

Wake up at 7 AM. I take Hans to the metro, which he rides for 45 min to get to work. When I get back home from dropping him off, I get ready for the day and go to work.

After I’m done working, I come home for just a little while, and then Hans calls me to come pick him up. I After we get home, it’s already 7 or after 7 PM. Which gives us a few hours to catch up on things at home, and then we’re back in bed again! Crazy days!

I was able to go with Megan to pick up our finished pottery.

They turned out way cute!

017 I love it!

020

021

023

We also made Tie Dye T-shirts a while back. And we modeled them! Hans took our pictures :)

010

011

012

013

014

I can’t believe that the east coast is actually starting to grow on me ! Gasp! I’m actually liking it! I think it helps that we are able to be here with such great family and friends. And the good thing is, we get to take our friends back to Idaho with us…. couldn’t get better than that!

Saturday is Hans’ birthday. 26! Over the hill for sure!

On Friday we will also be at the Half-way mark.  5 weeks, which means we only have 5 more weeks left! And I don’t know if I am happy or sad about that….

No comments:

Post a Comment