I made homemade laundry detergent!
Yesterday I decided to be really cool and make some homemade laundry detergent. It cost me about $6 for the supplies.
oh, and Hans made me get regular laundry detergent for back up in case it didn’t work :)
I had to shred one bar of soap into a pot.
looks like cheese.
Then I dissolved it in a gallon of water over the stove. and I added one cup of borax and one cup of arm and hammer, and let it dissolve.
Boiling. I will admit it was a little weird stirring this over the stove, when it smelled like soap.
Then I added more water. let it sit for a few minutes, pour it into containers, and you have laundry detergent!
One batch made a lot. The consistency is a little different than regular laundry detergent, and the smell isn’t as strong, but I tested it out on a load of laundry and our clothes look and smell clean to me!
I think next batch I will add a scent to it.
This will save a ton of money! Since I only used a cup of borax and arm and hammer, I will only need to maybe buy a few more bars of soap, and seeing how much one batch makes, that is saving a lot of money!
Last night Sarah and Jaren came over and we played games and had a dance party, it was a ton of fun!
Don’t they look happy?! :)
Here are some videos. They may or may not be a little embarrassing, I’m going to wait and see what Sarah and Jaren say about them :)
Go ahead, you can laugh, we are weird. But at least we have fun!
Honestly, I’m glad we have waited to move on to the next stage in our lives. I’m glad that we have taken the time to still act like crazy college students :) Even if we may look a little dumb…. haha
Now today we are having a fun Halloween party!




No comments:
Post a Comment