Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

Easter is a wonderful time to celebrate! It comes when spring is starting and it reminds us of Christ’s atonement and resurrection. So grateful!

This Sunday was our first Sunday in our new family ward ( no more student married wards!) It was different, but good. A lot more older people. I think it’s just weird going to a new ward when we didn’t even move……

We ( the Easter bunny) hid our Easter baskets. We never did this in my house, but Hans’ family did, so I adopted his tradition. I feel like we have adopted a lot of my family’s traditions, So maybe I should let him have one or two ;) he gets really excited about it. I hid his on a chair under the table, which you couldn’t see when the tablecloth was on….. but I totally forgot that I put it there, so when we went to have breakfast, I pulled out the chair and everything fell on the ground. haha! So I went to hide it again, but when I went to put it in the dryer to hide….. I found mine! haha. Anyways, I hid his again and he found it, and all was well!

P4240305

Hans’ is on the left and mine is on the right. haha. I got Hans a spongebob puzzle. He liked the guns I got him…. except that they didn’t shoot very well. I guess that’s what you get for spending only a few dollars at the dollar store!

P4240302

We also made Easter eggs together… I love doing things like this with him because I love watching him be creative and concentrated :)

P4240307

P4240308

P4240309

P4240310

P4240311

We got the “Monster” egg kit at the store, obviously because they are so cool. My favorite is this guy.

P4240313

Funny story, on Saturday I decided that it would be fun to buy Ham and eat it for our Easter dinner. I had never bought Ham before.

So I went to the deli counter and saw Ham and it was priced at $6 …. but I didn’t know it was per pound! The lady asked me “ how do you want it cut?” I replied, “ uh,….. spiral?” Then she laughed at me! after a few seconds Hans said “ oh, I think she means thickness”…… So nice of her to laugh at me and wait for us to figure it out…..

Anyways, we only got one pound, thinking that we would have to be rich to buy a whole ham….. I was talking on the phone to my dad later and he was surprised at how much we paid! apparently you can get a whole ham for close to that price, and my mom said that it was on sale right now for only $1.29/ lb. Apparently we made the mistake of getting it at the deli counter…… I felt dumb after that. But my parents probably had a good laugh! Living and learning!

We still had Ham for dinner, and then later we had some friends over for games and dessert! It was a lot of fun :)

P4240317

Life is just chugging along.

In other news:

Hans got an internship offer for a place in Colorado, we are still waiting for a possible offer on another one that he wants. Because of the circumstances at the moment, we are waiting. Supposedly. It is hard to explain everything because it’s a little complicated at the moment…. but we may or may not be going to DC. We really don’t know. We don’t know when He will start, and where we will be…. it’s just a little confusing. We are trying to decide what will be best for us now, and in the future, so we have to just wait and see. Yes, it is VERY stressful.

Aside from that we are doing well. I’m having a hard time finding things to do with all the extra time I seem to have now. I have a hard time waiting and being patient….. I’m trying to push through it!

Life is good though. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment