Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Scarred for life

I am Scarred. My brain tends to remember things that were not pleasant, and then they stick there for a long time.

Two things have happened recently that put a scar on my brain that will not go away.

The other day I had to go into work early. Well, there is this doctor in our clinic that LOVES to scare people. SO he of course, decided to put a recording of a mans voice saying something that creeped all of us out, in our office.

He put it back in the office where the Doctor and the midwives work at their desks. When it first went off, the  doctor just thought that she was hearing things, but then she heard it again and again so she brought us (me, the receptionist, and someone else) in the office to listen to it.

It was only a whisper of a man saying “ Hey….. can you hear me?” it sounded so real! like someone was in the office with us. Then someone in there started telling us all these stories about people feeling someone touch them when they were working at night, and how people really think that the office is haunted…… It was great for me, since I work there at night…

Well it kept going off, and we were all creeped out….. at least I was. Anyways, we finally found the “device” and all was well. Except that voice kept going on in my head over and over……

I feel like a loser to have gotten scared by it…. but I am, and I keep thinking about it when I am alone. I am scarred for life. laugh at it if you want….. but it’s true.

The other incident involves oatmeal.

A LONG time ago… I don’t even remember how long ago, but I think I was younger. My mom got us all out some oatmeal.

Well, she poured it out in the bowl, and there were worm-like bugs crawling all around in it. Of course we threw it away and didn’t eat it. But I was Scarred.

From then on, I have noticed that I am very cautious about eating oatmeal. I always pour it out and then search through it before I put the water/milk in. I know. I am crazy.

Well today we decided to have oatmeal for breakfast. So I was eating my oatmeal when I felt something crunchy. Well, I looked at it. Hans said it looked just like Cracked Wheat. But I don’t believe him. I’m sure it was a bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment