Friday, April 8, 2011

Frugal Friday

So , how many of you know of the new series Extreme Couponing on TLC?? It has been played on T.V. before, but now they have made it a series. The show is pretty entertaining.

Here is how I feel about it. It is just what it says it is. Extreme. I mean, come on, some of those people seem a little extreme for ME, and I feel like I do a good amount of couponing. While I think it in some ways promotes couponing, it also makes “couponing” look difficult, and time consuming. Which it probably would be, if you went to those extremes.

Do I like the show? yes. Will I continue to watch it? yes. I think it is great that they have a show about couponing. It goes to show that SO many people are getting into it now, and I think that is great.

I just wanted to clear up what I think ( my own opinion) are common fallacies about couponing.

#1 It is too time consuming

#2 It is too difficult, and only for people who are “talented” in that area.

So, without further ado, my picture for the week:

DSCF3266

Yes, they were free, well I did buy the fabric for $2, it is pictured because I am going to attempt to make a cover for my Kindle, which is included in trying to be frugal, because it is $15-$20 to buy a cover for it….

So for those of you who are interesting in taking the first step into the “couponing” world, here are some small steps you can take to start couponing.

Most importantly, don’t be ashamed of using coupons! It may feel embarrassing (at first) to give the cashier a stack of coupons, or to feel like you are “holding up the line”, but there is absolutely no reason to feel bad about saving money! I would feel bad for the people behind me who don’t have coupons, and will be paying FULL price when they probably don’t have much more extra money than you do!

In other random thoughts. I have finally accepted the fact that I am addicted to sweets.

The reason I saw “sweets” is because I mean anything that involves sugar. I mostly like chocolate, but I always want to be eating something sweet. Some days I have cookies and candy between breakfast and lunch, then again between lunch and dinner, and then of course, after dinner. It is terrible.

If everyone knew how much candy/sweets I ate everyday, they would probably think it is amazing that I am not 100 pounds heavier than I am. really.

So next time you feel like you have eaten too many sweets in one day, think about me, and realize that there is no way that you could have had more than I did that day.

So, now that I have come to grips with the fact that I have a problem, I am going to work on it. hopefully, I will be able to correct this mistake before it starts taking its toll on my body.

We’re glad it’s the weekend! I guess I should start doing something productive…..

1 comment:

  1. I love your posts, Steph! I think it is so great that you are recording this time in your life. I wish blogging was available years ago. Anyway, great job couponing! I'm impressed! I've tried it before and it really was too hard and took too much time with the kiddos. But, that's probably just an excuse, really.

    I love that we both blog because even though we live so far apart and see each other so infrequently, I feel like I know you so well! We love you guys so much and look forward to seeing you again!

    ReplyDelete