Friday, April 29, 2011

Frugal Friday

I skipped last Friday’s post of being frugal, I know. I just haven’t had much to say!

I haven’t really done much couponing lately. Mostly because I have been discouraged by seeing this:

IMAG0093

Empty shelves. I get up on Monday morning, even before I shower, to go to the store down the street  and get a few things that are on sale, and the shelves are empty! Okay, I think this picture might lead some to think that you can just walk out of the store with those things. It’s actually a $2.99 Reward coupon that prints out after you buy the item….

It has gotten pretty frustrating, and discouraging. We live in a smaller town, and there aren’t many stores to go to.

So, since I can’t change what other people are doing, for now, I may slow down a bit. Mostly because I can’t stock up on many food items, because we will be gone for the summer. Hopefully in the fall things will be a little better! Maybe people will slow down a bit……

In other thoughts:

I for one, am learning how to love where we are are in life right now. Because sometimes I just want to skip the whole “husband in school” thing and buy a cute little house in the place we want to live, Have a husband that works a regular schedule every day, and happy little kids running around.

But lets be honest. The reality of things is…. each phase in life has it’s own challenges. And who knows where life will take us.

All I know is, that even though there are little things in life that I complain about, or even though I worry about what the future holds for us…… I have so many things to be thankful for…. and I’m sure all of you do too!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. So, I NEVER go to Walgreens for that exact reason. Because couponing is becoming so popular, the shelves in Walgreens are ALWAYS empty! Especially since TheKrazyCouponLady posts every single deal at Walgreens multiple times a day. Don't get discouraged! I still coupon every week, but I just don't do the drugstores.

    ReplyDelete