Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sometimes….

Today is Wednesday, but I won’t be able to do “Frugal Friday” this week because we are going out of town to go to my brothers farewell.

This week I can’t say that I (or we) were frugal. Mostly because we are spending the money we wouldn’t usually spend, to drive out and see my family. BUT……

Sometimes… it’s ok to not be frugal ( at least by my book). All because, there are certain events in life that just can’t be missed. Like an older sister seeing her brother leave for his mission for the next 2 years.

Even though I HATE driving long distances, I’m excited to see my family!

And even though I haven’t felt sad about him leaving, since he opened up that mission call…. I think the reality of it is finally starting to hit me. For 2 years, he won’t be there when we come and visit. He won’t be there to give me the biggest hug and hold onto me with a grip I can’t get out of, while I object and yell at my mom to tell him to let go….. I won’t get to hear that high pitched baby voice and then hear the “ HI Stephi!” …. how boring will it be to not have my brothers wrestling and hurting each other all the time???   Just typing all of this is making me really sad!

I can’t say that my brother and I have had the best relationship. I haven’t been the best “older sister”. And even though In my head I think “ this mission will be great for him, he will mature and grow and become better”…….. I think that this mission will be for me too. I think I will grow to appreciate my brother more, to miss him, and realize the special pieces that he brings into our family. I already can’t wait for him to get back!   But wait…. then I will be sad about another brother leaving……

PC230228

PC260290 (2)

I just love seeing them all together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment